xisto Community
CyberReaper1405241516

Free Gmail Account! Click here for one.

I am still waiting for invites to appear on my 2 gmail account. Sigh...Ok, someone have written that you no longer need invites to create a gmail account. That is true, at least for me. I created my gmail account without an invite when I can't login to my Hotmail and I needed to compose a mail soon. Try going to
https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=mail&passive=true&rm=false&continue=
https://mail.google.com/mail/

and there is instruction there on how to get your free gmail account. One thing though. When I got my gmail account, it needs a cellphone number with sms capability so that it can send you a text message containing a unique ID number that you can then key into the form as part of the registration process.So, anyone out there that needs gmail, and i tell you, it is GOOD..... :unsure:can either ask for an invite from vhortex or just go check out the gmail site.

welll if that is the case, then the reason why you need the invite is to avoid registering a cell phone number.. meaning that it is not available to all..i like it that way.. since the server wont be flooded with bogus accounts.. and spams.. it eats up the space that normal users need.. 1 bogus account is equal to 2.8gig of space..--EDIT:checked it out now.. the login page have changed.. you can apply for without any invites just supply a valid cell phone number..EDIT:err.. the sms is just an invatation.. google still needs invites to sign up a new account.but this time it is a little easier now..

Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

i like it that way.. since the server wont be flooded with bogus accounts.. and spams.. it eats up the space that normal users need.. 1 bogus account is equal to 2.8gig of space..

That's why i like GOOGLE!!!! :D So many stuff is provided for free that if you don't see them for yourself, you'd won't believe it!!! Before GMail came about, we have pathetic free web-based mail that offer 2Mb of space. I still remember my Hotmail content getting erased if I don't check my mailbox for 2-3 weeks. Google really set the bar high for other tech company to follow...

As to flooding Gmail with bogus accounts, you can't do that with registration by cellphone since each cellphone is only limited to a few accounts. I don't know how many since I only registered 2 accounts but it is certainly limited.

I would still like invites to appear on my Gmail account since I might need more accounts in the future and some people just don't like putting personal information on the web. I certainly thought about posting my cellphone number for about 1/2 hour. But since I desperately need to compose a mail, there is no choice. Just have to trust Google to keep the information safe....

I would still like invites to appear on my Gmail account since I might need more accounts in the future and some people just don't like putting personal information on the web. I certainly thought about posting my cellphone number for about 1/2 hour. But since I desperately need to compose a mail, there is no choice. Just have to trust Google to keep the information safe....

yes.. realy creepy giving personal information to the net.
i was aware of the scam astist posing as you and that celphone thing can be double edge..

it will verify that someone is using that cell phone number.. it can be back checked for the user info which is 100% accurate for units without a SIM card and 45% accurate or with data for units with SIM card.

from that info, a scam artist can pose as you.. you exist anyway in real life so if some bank or someone around the globe checks if you do are real, they can get a match and confirmation..

--
i dont personally encourage email address posting specially celphone numbers, thinking bout google.. i have trust on their service since i have never encountered a short coming or problem with them..

the services of Google is not yet perfect since I can remember in my mind the 3 months of problematic login or email displays that happen last year.. Anyway, there was a precaution then that states that Gmail may be unaccesable for some browsers for a few time due to java updates.
Edited by vhortex (see edit history)

Uh! I'm confused! What exactly is the difference between a Google.com and Gmail.com account?

Just the domain? What difference does that make? ;)

There really is no difference between the google and gmail addresses, except that having myaccount@gmail.com is a whole lot cooler than myaccount@googlemail.com. but when it comes down to it, they're interchangeable. Like say when you log in to your gmail it tells you your account is myaccount@googlemail.com, people can send mail to either myaccount@googlemail.com or myaccount@gmail.com and it will arrive in your inbox safe and sound.

I'm not exactly sure why they changed over. As when i signed up for my first few accounts i got gmail ones, then after a while i got a couple more and they were googlemail, and then now if i sign up i get a gmail one again.

I did hear a rumor that it had something to do with that court case where i think it was that german company that sued them for using the name Gmail, and so around that time they dropped the gmail and started using googlemail just to be safe, and i think there was even an announcement that they would keep the gmail extension for those who had already signed up and created accounts, but then when it blew over they changed it back to their default gmail extension.

well... either that's a lot of good information or a very detailed rumor. but it's the first reply to that question so far.. :D

actually googlemail and gmail are one.. one of the two is just a domain alias..a google account if different from the two posted since a google account is aglobal login without any service on it activated..while googlemail and gmail is an account that have a corresponding google accountand a gmail email service and comes with an online spread sheet access..older google service is accesable by using your google account login but in the pastmonths, there was a shift in hype and it seems that google account will be drop in favorof gmail account. i think they want to duplicate the passport system use by serviceslike yahoo and msn.these systems uses the email login information to login to all services..----feel free to comment out if i miss something or misunderstood something..

actually googlemail and gmail are one.. one of the two is just a domain alias..a google account if different from the two posted since a google account is a
global login without any service on it activated..

I believe they named it Googlemail because in the UK (I think) Gmail was already in use by some other group. So, to avoid copyright issues, they decided to change the name to Googlemail. Of course, I'd prefer Gmail any day, since it is, after all, a lot shorter than Googlemail. Although if you lived in the UK, I'm sure you could still get people to email you at yourname@gmail.com and everything would still be fine. :D

Im giving free gmail and orkut invitations thru:

http://www.funlokam.com/

You can create one Google Account ( Not Gmail Account) from here:

https://accounts.google.com/SignUp?continue=https%3A%2F%2Faccounts.google.com%2FManageAccount

But, If you need to get gmail, you need to get one invitation from an existing user!

US, Australia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Newzealand, Singapore, Thailand, Turkey persons can get gmail accounts without an invitation!

they can join there by using SMS!

Link is here:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

But its not yet launched for other countries!

:)

Edited by Niran (see edit history)

Replying to vhortexHi vhortex I hope you can help I would like a @gmail account unfortunately because I live in england I can only set up @googlemail.Com account not gmail accounts.Please could you send me a gmail account invite. If this still causes me problem would oyu open a gmail account if I send you the details.Many ThanksGrahame-reply by Grahame