xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JaVe

My Latest Abstract Raindrop in box :)

Well, i was talking to this girl on msn and i raised the subjecty about 3d yadda yadaa, then i talked about my silver motorbike and she was like - you made that? She was pretty amazed. Then i said i have no inspiration left and she said to make water/raindrops, so i made a water droplet which looks frozen. This then looks abstract:

Posted Image

I'd like to know how to make water splash off other stuff in 3DS. This is just simple abstract but comments greatly appreciated and also help. :)

That looks cool. One thing i would suggest maybe add some reflection on the water drop or make it a little more transperant if you want it to look more realistic. The lighting is ok.Good Job

*sigh*Some people just can't understand artists/graphics designers. A raindrop in a box could be his view on somethign or a reflection of a mood or somethihng, etc., or it could be some random thing he thought up. Reduce the translucity (Opacity, whatever it is in 3ds.) of the drop and maybe add an ice texture or something, if you want it to look more like it's frozen. I think.

Yeh, listen to GGG! This isn't abstract like many people do in 3d with pulling random shapes and distorting it, this is um...yeh, but still, it does represent something. I should increase the transparency, now where's that project file...

*sigh*

Some people just can't understand artists/graphics designers.  A raindrop in a box could be his view on somethign or a reflection of a mood or somethihng, etc., or it could be some random thing he thought up.

Reduce the translucity (Opacity, whatever it is in 3ds.) of the drop and maybe add an ice texture or something, if you want it to look more like it's frozen.  I think.

63659[/snapback]

Now we are talking! I like how you think, as a designer, Im thinking pretty much the same... Everyone have its own point of view at different things.... you can reduce opacity in 3dS by rightclick on that object (raindrop) and click on properties - look for box that says visibility or something like that, it's on "1,0" by default... you can decrease it to 0.4 or what you feel it's best and add some frozen texture, like GGG said...

i think its ok. i believe its a strange idea but i guess it works. i think the water drop needs a new texture. try making it more clear with a tint of blue. maybe you could also add something else to the box. it doesnt seem to go along with the drop at all in my opinion. its much better than i can do so good job.

Reducing opacity? I always thought that it was meant to be done with the material, but this is a new way thanks for the tip! Btw, I made another cool wallpaper, not exactly abstract i was just playing around with reflections and materials and i thought it looked cool:

Posted Image

Hope you like it, the paint looks like fluroescent nail varnish now. I am actually pleased with the texture! What do you think?

Now we are talking! I like how you think, as a designer, Im thinking pretty much the same... Everyone have its own point of view at different things.... you can reduce opacity in 3dS by rightclick on that object (raindrop) and click on properties - look for box that says visibility or something like that, it's on "1,0" by default... you can decrease it to 0.4 or what you feel it's best and add some frozen texture, like GGG said...

63863[/snapback]

I get sick of people who just don't get it. They say, "oh that looks cool, 9.5/10 gj," or something like that and they don't even think about anything else. I have to think like an artist, or otherwise I won't have a chance in the graphics world once I start getting into that.

Reducing opacity?  I always thought that it was meant to be done with the material, but this is a new way thanks for the tip!  Btw, I made another cool wallpaper, not exactly abstract i was just playing around with reflections and materials and i thought it looked cool:

Posted Image

Hope you like it, the paint looks like fluroescent nail varnish now.  I am actually pleased with the texture!  What do you think?

64091[/snapback]

It reminds me of an image that colin smith did at photoshopcafe.com. Of course, he did it all in photoshop. http://photoshopcafe.com/tutorials/orbs/orbs.htm