xisto Community
qwijibow

Half-life 2 Episode 1... Complete Waste Of Money !

Has anyone else played this game ?I Paid £25 for this, ( the same price of Half-life-2 ) AND COMPLETED THE GAME IN JUST A FEW HOURS.If anything, Half-life 2, Episode 1 should have been a free add-on mod to half-life 2.when i bough this game, i was expecting it to keep me amused for more than one afternoon !AND, just when i finally thought the boreing part was over, and the plot was about to start, then the end credits started playing !!!!then, when i finish, i am informed that episode 2 will be available shortly.Does valve really think it can spil one game into many tiny episodes, and sell each tiny part of the game at full price !After playing Half-life 2, episode 1 is more than a huge dissapointment, its a complete rip off, i would have been happ to pay £5 at most for this.. dont waste your cash !All episode 1 adds to the plot is that the girl survived HL-2, but you can see that by looking at the cd cover.

While I haven't played it myself, I've only heard good things... If you had to pay the same as you paid for the original game (I assume you are meaning as much as it cost when first released and not now) then something was messed up. At least here it is about a 3rd of the price as the original was when it hit retail whether you buy them over steam or in a store. Frankly I think thats a decent price for a 5ish hour game when most full FPS's now are easy to finish in about 10.

Maybe im just getting old... but i remember the good old days, playing blood omen, and it taking weeks to play from start to finish.The first Half-life game was fantastic !Half life 2 was much better in terms of technology, and ganmeplay, like the vehicles etc etc, but quite a bit shorter.and episode 1 was just a let down.no vehicles at all. nothing new...Episode 1 is just a few additional maps,you wonder round the map, doing the same old thing, shoot the aliens.i was just hoping that episode 1 would add to half-life 2... not just extend it slightly.if you buy the game, and play it through, believe me, th nd credits are just to un-expected, i was expecting it to load the next level, maybe show some kind of in-game movie...the girl says "wow, i cant believe we made it"and there i am checking how much ammo i have, thinking that it was a little too easy, waiting the the surprise boss / ambush... re-loading my weapons, deciding which gun to use on the enemy about to *unpredicably* surpise me... then it goes dark.. end rolling credits...

Bummer! You mean HL2 Aftermath? I thought that game was available only for registered steam users and online. Yea, I know how you feel ... HL1 was too awesome. HL2 was good as well, but the puzzles were easier and it wasn't quite as long.

Bummer! You mean HL2 Aftermath? I thought that game was available only for registered steam users and online. Yea, I know how you feel ... HL1 was too awesome. HL2 was good as well, but the puzzles were easier and it wasn't quite as long.

I haven't tried this game out personally.
But I loved HL 1 & found HL2 fun but a lil on the short side.

From this review I'd probably pass on this game.
In terms of "Replay Value" this game sounds like it has none @ all.

I don't even find CS2/C-zero 2 be that great either.
I luv'd the 1st CS to death & spent many a days play'n that.

It's sad how the newer games aren't any better thatn the previous versions.

HL1 its probably the best FPS I ever played and its game I rally enjoy playing over and over again. HL2 is just after him but its a litle to easy to play. I didnt play Episode1 but all I heard is just good opinions, but from people that didnt played HL1. By the way Episode2, when will that come, any idea.

I thought it was fun while I played it. Of coarse at the time my computer had overheating issues and it kept exiting... I fixed that now... but anyways, episode 1 was fun. I bought it before I finished Half-Life 2... so when I finished Half-Life 2 I immediately started on episode 1.. that might have to do with it.Either way, I'm waiting on Half-Life 2: Portal. It comes with episode 2 and looks amazing.