xisto Community
mpinsky

The Cloning Issue Should cloning be used to create the perfect human?

I don't think that we are yet to the point of selecting the gene of our choice and then eliminating it or reinforcing it. The best we can achieve is to reproduce the same karyotype. I mean one gene has not only one single function. There are gene relations due to which the disturbance in one gene affects the whole karyotype of an individual and this might cause great undesirable changes so eliminating a single gene without any undesirable effect is rather something like impossible.

IndividualityThe Cloning Issue

about losing individuality, what makes you an individual?

personally, I belive it is your upbringing and memories which make you who you are. So if I get cloned, will my clone know that at the same moment it was born I was eating a ham sandwich and watching the TV just because it's my clone? No, of course it wouldn't. A clone will only be like an identical twin, phisically the same yet still a different person.

-reply by RRBRT