xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dhanesh1405241511

Hydrogen Powered Car By GE Motors !

I have seen similar cars and new engines that run on hydrogen,but ive also seen and read about a sports car that some highshcool kids made. The car engine runs on vegetable oil. How crazy cool is that. And the other cool thing was that the car was a beautiful looking car, the body was a mix between a ferrari and a lambo. and check this out. the kids that did it were from a school program of droped out students, who were trying to make it back.. I was like man that is darn cool to hear about that.

hydrogen, as an alternative to current fuels, is a promising concept. how will they serve the space issue? liquid h2? what about the infrastructure? how easy will it be to transport h2 or would it be better to just purify H2 out of the air (at purifying/refueling stations) rather than transporting it? and if this is possible... why bother having refueling stations? if the technology could be improved to the point where H2 could be directly purified and concentrated by the car that uses it.... then wow.

This is really great and the video itself is nicely made.. I remember watching something similar in 1996, but there wasn't any car running on sea water, but the idea and the technology, so things are changing and it is good.. Driving one of those would be superb, but it costs to much for now, I will wait until the cost drops :DBut will sea water cost more and more? :unsure:

Given that hydrogen is notorious for igniting (the Hindeburg for example) I am surprised they think a hydrogen gas powered car is viable. What I would prefer is more research on E35 ethanol powered cars. GM also had an electric car some years back that they wouldn't sell, only lease, and then they decided to call them all back and scrap them. I wonder if GM wouyld do the same with H2 powered cars once they saw their huge margin on gas powered cars declining.

The thing I heard about the hydrogen powered cars is that if you crash it they explode? Is this true or is it just a myth? The concept of changing the look of the car is also pretty cool. You can get a sports car and change it into an SUV! I hope it would be a small fee to change it hopefully free but I doubt that. Right now it would cost 5 million + But 20 years from now I believe it would cost as much as cars now because of the obvious mass production. I would get these as soon as they come out. A concern about the global warming and the rise of sea level, I think that these hydrogen powered cars would increase the use of water and lower the sea level since so many people are going to be using it. Plus it would obliterate the greenhouse gasses gasoline makes so that would be really cool. I just wish that they would release it sooner.

We're going over to the "Corn-powered" cars anyway... I think they're going to abandon the Hydrogen powered car idea.Maybe they won't, who knows...I heard the price of Corn on the Cob is going to go up greatly... but gas prices will go down a bit along with it.I can't wait to see what happens.

I can't believe it ... I wrote a long treatise on the advantages and disadvantages of each type of fuel. The forum then hiccups on me, and I lost everything. :~(Well, I'll just provided an abbreviated version of what I wrote earlier. I'm too tired and lazy to recapitulate every point I made. In brief, I said that it would be great to have alternative types of fuels and sources. Our dependence on Mideast and foreign oil has driven us to warmongering, price gouging, and purse snatching (okay, I exaggerate on the last one, but it rhymed with everything else). The current form of gasoline also has a negative impact on global warming. These two topics are reserved for another discussion.With regards to hydrogen fuel, I have also heard that a risk involved is potential for explosions in motor vehicle collisions. Considering how motor vehicle accidents account for one of the leading causes of death among teenagers, the statistics already prove that the rate of accidents cannot be ignored. Moreover, these numbers do not include major accidents that do not lead to death. In such cases, an explosion from the unstable hydrogen gases may instead lead to multiple fatalities. The risks are not negligible.As for corn-based fuels, I hear they can be a cleaner alternative to current gasolines. It diminishes our reliance on foreign oil. Another advantage is that the government can hopefully reappropriate money originally slated for farm subsidies to other important sectors in dire need of funding ... such as our ailing education in the United States (that is a whole other discussion as well). Unfortunately, corn-derived ethanol supposedly requires a huge investment of energy to produce. The net energy consumption will rival that of traditional gasoline. Moreover, the ethanol burns less efficiently than oil, which may result in either a larger gas tank (weight contributes to less fuel efficiency) or smaller driving radius (less convenience). The latter two are relatively trivial reasons, but they are nevertheless thoughts to consider.I am a strong proponent (internally, not proactively) for alternative fuels. The benefits are numerous, but is the automotive industry ready for it? Can fuel stations accept the onerous cost to convert? Is society ready to accept an initially less convenient form of fuel? Or, are the big oil tycoons ready to give up their black gold?

I think it's a great idea but it could also be a big fire hazard too, especially in countries with hot weather. With petrol prices going up people are starting to turn to gas, and there is only a limited supply of petrol in the world we are going to have to find another alternative.Hydrogen is one of them but it is dangerous. If they can invent some car that uses a substance that doesn't cause harm then we should start seeing new types of cars.-HellFire

NASA scientist discovered few years ago that if we would convert all cars to run on hydrogen tiny leaks of that gas would severely damage ozone layer. That could be major disadvantage. There are other alternatives like ethanol, there is a way to make ethanol from celulose (straw, old paper). Unfortunately this method was discovered by a private company, and they don't want to let everybody to use it. They probably wait to oil prices get to high so they could get rich.

I'm still not sure Hydrogen is the answer as it requires too much investment in to distribution systems. I think something more along the ways of Flexfuel hybrids are going to be the choice of the future. Then it can run on oil or E85 and get the benefit of equal/better milage with the hybrid.