xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dhanesh1405241511

Windows Trash, Really Is Trash !

It was a nice hot summer evening, when i was trying to clean up my PC of unwanted stuff :D .. when i was done .. i right click on the Recycle bin .. and Click to empty it .. now as far as i know .. it just deletes the files u put in it .. NOT the ones windows decides .. well in my case this was the opposite :unsure: lol .. have a look ..

Posted Image

Posted Image

I dont know how my windows folder came in the recycle bin .. but m shure half the "by-mistake" file deletion happens this way :D ..

Regards

Dhanesh.

Heh, that's funny. Dude, anything windows does isn't surprising. I've see so many wierd things happen with windows, nothing would surprise me now. :unsure:

At least Apple is up front about not giving you root access unless you really know what the hell your doing and can access it...but this only serves to remind me why I switched four years ago...

Lol - me too. It's happened to me earlier on. But it seems to be some stupid error on Windows part (as always) - coz its a false report. When that happened to me (not once but 3-4 times) - I popped open the recycle bin and didn't find any windows folder in it. I safely emptied the trash and it didn't harm my windows folder even in the slightest !! :unsure:

Wow, I know people hated Windows for obvious reasons, but this is proof that even Windows hates itself. :unsure: Kind of reminds me of the hacker who deleted his own hard drive...

That's (not) exactly why I don't use the recycle bin. No need to ever empty it. I just start up Total Commander and it skips the recycle bin. This just proves how buggy Windows is.@UZIThe one who was told to hack 127.0.0.1? Great story :unsure:

Yeah - I can relate to that - I tried to access root in Apple (on a friends computer ) to get a feel for it and I just couldn't figure it out. Apple should be dished out to all corporate staff that constantly manage to get their Windows machines absolutely and totally ruined. More research on the Apple Mac required.

That's (not) exactly why I don't use the recycle bin. No need to ever empty it. I just start up Total Commander and it skips the recycle bin. This just proves how buggy Windows is.
@UZI
The one who was told to hack 127.0.0.1? Great story :unsure:

Actually you can make Windows delete, skipping the recycle bin. i don't have the exact commands to make it default to that right now, oh wait. duh! right click on recycle bin, and you get the option to delete files straight. Total commander also comes with the recycle bin as an option. You can choose whether or not you want it to stick the in the bin. Not that i'm such a great fan of windows. Although, I must point out that unlike earlier (pre-2000) versions of windows, XP doesn't let you delete system files. if you really want to, of course you can, but for an average user, they can't totally mess it up unintentionally.

Actually you can make Windows delete, skipping the recycle bin. i don't have the exact commands to make it default to that right now, oh wait. duh! right click on recycle bin, and you get the option to delete files straight. Total commander also comes with the recycle bin as an option. You can choose whether or not you want it to stick the in the bin. Not that i'm such a great fan of windows. Although, I must point out that unlike earlier (pre-2000) versions of windows, XP doesn't let you delete system files. if you really want to, of course you can, but for an average user, they can't totally mess it up unintentionally.

Yes, that's true. You can also (just in case you wish to keep the Recycle Bin step for safety) hold Shift before pressing Delete key or clicking Delete in the menu. That'll ask you if you wish to remove the file, without going to the Recycle Bin.

or the best way to do it immediately is to start the command prompt (cmd) and then type del (filename).

xboxrulz

C:\> del (filename) is still indeed an evil command... But the forgotten C:\>deltree (folder name) was my preferred one for .bat files.

The first massage is funny :) and the second is very familiar to me :) . You realy don't know what to expect. It's possible to delete files whithout moving it to recycle bin. View the options related with recycle bin and My computer. The outher choice is to use cleaning software. I use CCleaner and BeClean. They are free and take small space on the hard drive. And they clean a lot of Windows and browsers garbidge.