xisto Community
tansqrx

Creating New Process Under Alternate Credentials (createprocessasuser)

Solution for 1314 problemCreating New Process Under Alternate Credentials (createprocessasuser)

Hi ! I hope you already find the solution for 1314 issue that arises when calling CreateProcessAsUser. If not, I found it,  and it workey fine to me.

I will try to put in english, but my sistem is Brasilian Portiguese, ok ?

go to control panel / administrative tools / local security / local / user rights /

then in "replace token in user level" (or so)  ADD local ASPNET account.

then reboot.

that´s it.

-reply by Fernando Nomellini

Solution for 1314 problem

Creating New Process Under Alternate Credentials (createprocessasuser)

Hi ! I hope you already find the solution for 1314 issue that arises when calling CreateProcessAsUser. If not, I found it, and it workey fine to me.

I will try to put in english, but my sistem is Brasilian Portiguese, ok ?

go to control panel / administrative tools / local security / local / user rights /

then in "replace token in user level" (or so) ADD local ASPNET account.

then reboot.

that´s it.

-reply by Fernando Nomellini

How that SQL Express can modify these user policies?

Can you provide a compiled version that doesnCreating New Process Under Alternate Credentials (createprocessasuser)

Hi tansqrx,

Thank you very much for sharing the C++ solution (as I am attempting to do the same thing as you on Windows 7). However, I have no knowledge of C/C++ and no compiler - could you please change the properties for hiding the process window so that it will show/display the process in its normal application state, compile it and share it too?

I would VERY MUCH appreciate your assistance!

Thanks,

Wes

Creating New Process Under Alternate Credentials Creating New Process Under Alternate Credentials (createprocessasuser)

Replying to tansqrx,Can you provide me the same code, which is there in that link, I am not able to access the link.. And I need it very badly.

-reply by Nagendra

Creating New Process Under Alternate Credentials (createprocessasuser)Creating New Process Under Alternate Credentials (createprocessasuser)

Replying to tansqrxReplying to (G)Philip PatrickI need the same code. Creating process under alternate credentials, I checked the link provided by tansqrx, but it is not working... Seems it is a little old site. Can somebody please help me. I need a C++ code only.Issue,I am trying to run a service with alternate credentials, but it is not granting the permisions, so I am trying to create a process (here is the confusion which WINDOWS API need to be used? CreateProcessAsUser or CreateProcessWithLogonW ). Somebody help me with proper info. How I need to create a process, so it will have priviliages and it will run with alternate credentials.

-reply by Nagendra Simhadri

3 hours ago, DenverCoder9 said:

I finally found the link! Thanks for the sourcecode, it's awesome I could execute the binary as SYSTEM. Thanks for your help.

Sorry for asking such a basic question, but... where is your code executed ? On the server or on the client system?