xisto Community
warallthetm

Need Info On Bluesnarfing (Bluetooth Hacking) Bluetooth hacking

I have hear that it is possible to hack cell phones from your bluetooth enabled laptop. I know this is possible with cell phone to cell phone but can i really be done from a computer? What information can they steal and how do i protect myself?

Since I do not own a Bluetooth cellphone or a computer, I can only tell you what I've heard. It seems that if Bluetooth is switched on your cell phone, anyone can connect to it - both computers and other cell phones. It's like leaving your IP address on the internet. The best way to deal with this is to switch off Bluetooth when you are not using it.

Bluetooth Snarfing is getting the buzz recently . If your asking on how to Hack through bluetooth, then m sorry, its agains the policies of this forum. Dont expect to get sites that give information about Bluetooth snarfing cause as they say "One thing leads to another". If you want to protect your self, then its pretty much simple. The information that anyone would look for or can steal via snarfing would be: Contact lists, Pictures, Messages or any personal files you may have in your memory.1) Switch off the bluetooth on your phone when u dont want it, its always best to keep a shortcut on your main display(Symbian or iMate etc) using quick keys.2) On your PC, make shure u've unticked the option for other cell phones / computers to connect automatically.3) Always be shure of whome you pair your device with, people can also pair your devide with theirs by just asking the phone from you giving reasons ( like "i want to check out the new features") lol i do that normally :D .. 4) And last of all, regardless of what happens, always keep a backup of your phone on a secure PC, say home or laptop thats not connected intentionally to bluetooth :unsure:Hope this helps. And about bluetooth snarfing, all i can say is that its NOT possible through Windows .. :DRegardsDhanesh.

Linux have several programms that are capable of doing so, but if you want to do it on Windows PC then there's 1 advice to you: find a programm developed by one of the hackers that you personally know (so no 1 in the world would know about the existance of this programm, cause if more than 2 people know then bluetooth developers know about it also, so they're gonna be looking for closing this gap), use it, enjoi it and don't tell any1 about it.

Please read carefull our TOS.You can post here about the way to protect yourself against hackers.You cannot post here explaining how to steal somebody's cell phone time credit!