xisto Community
Hercco

I Need A Good DVD Drive

Hey hardware guys and gals.I'm finally fed up with my PC's DVD drive, made by Samsung and sold to me a couple of years ago for a very low price. I'm using my PC as my media player. I have it hooked to a stereo amplifier and old, but good, pair of speakers. I have a lot of CDs and I listen them a lot but I do not own a separate CD player as I'm quite comfortable with using my computer for that. Also, I occasionally watch DVD movies with my comp. The thing is that the crappy DVD drive makes awful noise and for a while now, it sometimes just refuses to open. I reckon it's a bit broken. So now I'm looking for a high quality drive. It should be well balanced so that it won't make noise and I shoudn't need to replace it for few years.

hmm from my experience, I've had the best luck with

#1) Lite-on (SHW-160P6S)

#2) Plextor (Plextor PX-760A)

#3) LG (LG GSA-H10N)

#4) Pioneer (Pioneer DVR-111D or DVR-710)

Those would be my top 4 choices in brands. As of now, light scribe isnt a huge thing, and with the popularity of sharpies and label printers, its probably something you can save $10 on. Again, for a better list of drives, These drives are the top user rated drives on

videohelp.com/

But hopefully that should help you!