xisto Community
WeaponX

Can't See/print Out Right Border In Word

A friend of mine is having problems printing out the right border in a Word document. I took a look at it and see that it happens on my computer also. I open up a new Word document and go to File->Page Setup and change the orientation to Landscape. Then I go to the Layout tab and click on the Borders button. I choose the Box one and have the 4 borders there. I click OK and tried the Preview. The right border is not showing up in Print Preview. I tried changing all the margins to 0" and it still won't show it.I have tried searching all over online today and couldn't find a solution to this. I'm using Word XP.Thanks.

This is due to a special paraph setup inside this document, it will probably not be obvious to change that.I see two ways :1) Change the font size (put a very small font size, like 6 or 8). This should make it printable, but in small fonts.2) copy the text you cant't print ; open a new document ; do a "special" paste, as "text only". This should replace the special page settings by standard ones, and the text should be printable.RegardsYordan

A friend of mine is having problems printing out the right border in a Word document. I took a look at it and see that it happens on my computer also. I open up a new Word document and go to File->Page Setup and change the orientation to Landscape. Then I go to the Layout tab and click on the Borders button. I choose the Box one and have the 4 borders there. I click OK and tried the Preview. The right border is not showing up in Print Preview. I tried changing all the margins to 0" and it still won't show it.
I have tried searching all over online today and couldn't find a solution to this. I'm using Word XP.

Thanks.

If there isn't a ton of advanced formatting in the document can you create a new document and drop the content into it?

Doesn't seem to be any special formatting. For testing purposes, I opened up a new Word document and started adding borders to it. All four corners should be showing. But when I go into Print Preview, the right border is not showing.

had the same problem too but this one worked for me

1) go to Page Layout tab

2) click Page Borders

3) go to Page Border tab

4) click Options

5) find the Measure From drop down list

6) change Edge of Page to Text

this way, your borders' size will be based on the content or text of your document rather than the size of your paper. You can change the size of your borders too by simply moving your margins :)

hope this helps

Kris from Pilipinas

BorderCan't See/print Out Right Border In Word

Try to adjust the table size.  The reason may be that the table is out of the page margins.  The text of the tables are aligned according to the margins, but the borders are not.  Make a tiny table, and place it in the center (horizontally and vertically) for testing purposes.  If you find this is the problem, just make sure you adjust your table settings or your page margins.

Go to Page Layout/Page Boarders/Options.. Then increase the right margin for at least 29pt. Use the print preview function, if it still doesn't appear, increase more on the right margin. Goodluck

-reply by Brainjunk