xisto Community
vicky99

An Introduction To COBOL

Any FREE Cobol compilers you encounter?An Introduction To COBOLI want to learn Cobol the easiest way. The open source way. :)Any free Cobol for Windows will do. Just make it sure that it matches the procedure Vicky gave us. :D

thank you very much!

it is realy very helpful post for someone, who are new in COBOL, like me. 

but where to get free COBOL compiler? is there any free COBOL compiler tool? for testing we need free environment, but why it is not available?

-reply by Roman

DOES MSCOBOL SUPPORT REPORT SECTION ?????HOW TO MAKE IT POSSIBLE?An Introduction To COBOL

Replying to vicky99THANKS VICKY FOR your INTRODUCING FOR COBOL. I HOPE YOU R THE EXPERT IN COBOL. ACTUALLY, FOR A ONE WEEK, I WRITE A PROGRAM THAT GENERATES (REPORTS) CHECKLIST. I USED THE FEATURE OF REPORT WRITER FOR COBOL. WHEN I END MY PROGRAM AND COMPILE IT ON XP/DOS. IT DISPLAYS MANY ERRORS "UNRECOGNIZABLE ELEMENT IS IGNORED" REPORT SECTION AND SO ON. PLEASE HELP ME. AND IF YOU HAVE A TESTED SOURCE CODE THAT CONSISTS REPORT SECTION AND GENERATING REPORT IN MSCOBOL .PLEASE SUGGEST ME FOR IT , I WILL BE VERY THANKFUL TO YOU. REPLY SOOOON..PLEASE...

-question by Shiv Singh

Free Cobol CompilerAn Introduction To COBOL

There is an excellent COBOL compiler FREE at ADD1TOCOBOL.Com. Version 1 lacks Report Writer support, but Version 2 which is scheduled to come out in June or July of this year is supposed to have the support included.I have used vs 1 for several months now and find it (while finicky) to be a great compiler.

-reply by Dale Hermann