xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jord2

How To Make A Scene Select Button Made by: Jordain joyce

How to make a scene select button. By: Jordain Joyce

The scene select button enables whoever is watching your movie to navigate more easily through your movie instead of having to go through your whole movie to get to the good part of your movie. This is a very useful tool and many people use it. If you would like you can also use this code I gave you and use it for your play button as well.

First of all open up flash and make a rectangle or a circle of what ever you would like. Then make it a Button (you can make it a movie clip if you really wanted to like make it like an animated button.) Now click on the button(or movie clip) and press F9 to open up your action panel and copy and paste this in

on(release){_root.gotoAndPlay("first");}

Ok see the first in the brackets? That can be anything you want but you have to remember what you put in there (REMEMBER YOU MUST HAVE THE QUOTATIONS IN THERE OR IT WILL NOT WORK!!!!!). Now wherever you want to start when you push the button you have to find the spot you want it and when you have found a frame you want to start it at you put a keyframe there and you name it. So go to properties and you should see a white box and light grey text inside that says <frame label> here is a picture.

Posted Image

So now that you have labeled the frame you should see a red flag like the one in my picture. So all you do for scene select is make a bunch of buttons with the code that I provided above and change the name inside the quotations(WITHOUT BACKSPACING ON THEM) to like second or something.So heres another example

on(release){_root.gotoAndPlay("second");}

(Do not change them to numbers like 1st or 2nd because I donât think that will work) So now that you made a bunch of scene select buttons you much match them up with the frames like we did with the first one. You do not have to have it first or second thatâs just the way I do you can name it whatever you would like but you would have to change the frame name also.

Iâll explain the code because I feel like it

on(release) {

This is simply when you let go of the left clicking thing on your mouse

_root.gotoAndPlay("second");

Starts at the root directory and looks for a frame name that is called what ever is in the brackets and in this case its second

}

This bracket is a terminators

DONâT STEAL I SPENT TIME WORKING ON IT AND STEALING ISNT COOL

I hope this helped you guys out.

Made by: Jordain

Edited by jord2 (see edit history)

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!How To Make A Scene Select Button

you have helped me fix a problem ive been stuggling with for days! thank you so so so so so so so so much!

-reply by Travis Hodges

headache!!!How To Make A Scene Select Button

y the scene still keep moving even already have button and put the coding? am I have to write stop(); at the button?

-reply by ayleen

Drawings are giving ruster like look not smooth one, Plz help me.How To Make A Scene Select Button

I am experiencing a problem all on a sudden that the drawings like line circle square and even brush have been giving very crooked outline not a smooth look. How can I fix this problem?

Please help me

-reply by Tariq Khan