xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dhanesh1405241511

3 In 1 Dvd Tutorial

My second tutorial after the S60 Font Change. A 4.7GB DVD is capable of holding upto 6 movie files (700MB DVDRips), people with DIVX players dont have any problems playing such content but for some who have only DVD/VCD/MP3 etc players with no chance of playing DIVX content would find this tutorial helpful. Well, hopefully this should work for all.

Scene : You have 700MB DVDRips (.avi) of your favourite movies (Backed up from a DVD ofcourse lol) and you want to put them on a DVD making them a 3 in 1 DVD. Thats 700MB x 3 in ONE DVD.

Tools Required :

Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5 (NOT FREE $39.99) >> LINK <<

DVDShrink (FREE) >> LINK <<

Atleast/Minimum 12 - 13 GB of free space in your hard-disk.

Lots of time !! lol :(

Procedure :

Aight so lets get started ...

STEP 1 :

Open up Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5 Launcher from your desktop and select under Video Disk > New Project.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Under Create a Video Disk select DVD and hit OK.

Posted Image

When the Software Opens up, select Start Project > New Project > DVD and click NEXT.

Posted Image

Posted Image

In the next section do the following :

Add Video Files

UNTICK Create Menu.

SELECT the clip and CLICK Project Settings.

Posted Image

Under Project Settings TICK - Do Not Convert MPEG complaint Files , TICK - Two-Pass Conversion , then CLICK Change MPEG Settings... > Customize ...

Posted Image

Under Customize ..

Frame Size : Standard (720 x 480)

Display Aspect Ration 4:3

Under Compression Tab ... Quality : 100%

TICK : Two-Pass Encode.

Video Data Rate : Variable - 5500 kbps

Audio Format : Dolby Digital Audio

Bit Rate : 192 kbps

Then hit NEXT .. then again NEXT till you come to the BURN screen.

UNTICK : Create to Disk

TICK : Create DVD Folders.

Select a BLANK folder you want your files to be saved in (12 - 13GB Min Free)

HIT BURN ! (Bottom Right)

STEP 1 COMPLETE !

You will have to wait for like 7 - 8 Hrs depending on your PC Speed. But its worth. Please do take notice that during this time you PC will run slow ... HELL slow lol ... So its time for a nice nap ! ;)

STEP 2 :

After the Conversion is complete, CLOSE Ulead Movie Factory.

OPEN DVD Shrink 3.2. Posted Image

CLICK Open Files , and select the MAIN folder that has the 2 folders (Audio and Video).

The software will analyse the frames etc and finally show you the main software screen.

Open up the Main Movie tree and select Title 1.

On the right side under Compression Settings > Select Custom Ratio.

Slide the bar left-wise to the LOWEST % it can go.

Hit Backup on the ToolBar.

Select Backup Target as Hard Disk Folder

Select a NEW Target folder.

Under Quality Settings TICK Compress video with high quality error ...blah blah (Default)

Hit OK..

STEP 2 COMPLETE !!

Your backup will now start and this time you can use your PC a little. DVD Shrink does not hang up ur system so much. This process takes say an Hr and a half to the MAX.

STEP 3 :

Now AGAIN Open up Ulead DVD MovieFactory 5 Launcher from your desktop and select under Video Disk > New Project.

Under Create a Video Disk select DVD and hit OK.

When the Software Opens up, select Start Project > New Project > DVD and click NEXT.

In the next screen do the Following :

Click Posted Image to Import DVD-Video from Hard Disk or File.

Click the Import DVD Folder button.

Select your folder from the list and hit OK.

In the next dialogue, Under disk label .. TICK Title 0 (Chapter 0 gets auto selected) and hit IMPORT.

After the import process .. it adds the file to the timeline. Do the same with the rest 2 folders you made from STEP 1 and STEP 2.

Let the Create Menu option remain TICKED this time.

Create the Menu as you want it to be shown on your DVD player.

And this time INSERT a blank DVD and select the dvd writer from the list

And BURN baby BURN !

You will now have a 3 in 1 DVD, fully playable in your DVD standalone player. Oh and just incase your DVD dosent fit into the DVD in step 3 ? I would suggest you lower the Video Bitrate to say 5200 and Re-Encode .. crazy i know .. but this seems to be the BEST way to preserve quality and stuff in 3 movies lol.

Hope this helps some of you, If you have any questions or suggestions, i'd be glad to hear them :(

Regards

Dhanesh.

Wow, this is a very nice tutorial that you have written, thanks for doing so.I do have one very important question though....what does this do to the quality of the movies that you have? It seems to me that shrinking them/compressing them or whatever would make it so that the quality is reduced.Just wondering if it is something that happens, or that you have noticed or whatever.

win avi will convert your videos to dvd, and the menu screen is great, for ripping dvds i prefer dvdfab5 it simple and works great, there are many ways to acheive what is mentioned and the main differences are time, dvdsanta for instance was very slow when i converted a few videos with it, but they worked great

Avi to DVD....The simple way!3 In 1 Dvd Tutorial

Thanks so much for your info although in my opinion, there is a much easier way.

I use the latest version of "ConvertXtoDVD". This allows you to simply add your avi files, I regularly add 4 x 700mb files. Add a menu if you want to. Click on convert which takes around 1 hour, after which time it's automatically burned to a 4.5g DVD5 disc!

Absolutely NO LOSS of quality guaranteed! All in around an hour!!

I've just finished Series 1,2,3 & 4 of Doctor Who (48 episodes) all on 12  DVD's!!

Take my word for it and try it! My "ConvertXtoDVD" has paid for itself numerous times!

Have a great day!

-reply by Korki

1 problem with this process...3 In 1 Dvd Tutorial

Only problem with this, your using DVD Shrink to shrink the newly created dvd video to fit on a dvd 4.7gb disc, which actually has roughly 4.3something gb of actual space  Then after it shrinks it to fit a dvd, your opening it in ULead Dvd Moviefactory 5 AGAIN, to make the Menu...   After making the menu you will once again go over the alotted space on a dvd.  Good luck making a menu with the limited amount of space remaining on the dvd.  Unless you just use some text and still pictures for your menu, your gonna exceed the amount of space available again.   DVDShrink shrunk the video files from 6,7,8,9 gbs to 4.3gb You won't have any extra room to make a dvd...  Might as well forget step 3 and burn it right after step 2.

Unless you purposly DVDshrink the videos even further to 4.0gb or something, to leave yourself some room for a fancier menu.   The video quality will suffer... 

-reply by Zach

Not Working for me3 In 1 Dvd TutorialHi,It didn't worked for me...Its saying unable to create the folders even after reducing the bit rate.Please help! I really need and such a user-firendly and understandable languagePlease respond.Cheers.