xisto Community
Darkwolf11235

Where Can You Find Text Based Games?

I have always wondered how good text based games are, i have heard good and bad things about them and i would like to try them for my self. If anyone knows sites where there are text based games please respond to this post.

Another good one is the classic Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy text adventure. You get to play Arthur Dent as he goes through a lot of crazy adventures mostly based on the book.

There is a Java version of the game or you can play online. It uses Flash and is illustrated, but is still a basic text engine.

There are also several systems for designing your own text adventure, such as ADRIFT and QUEST. FrOz is an Open Source game engine using a very sophisticated language parser.

Lastly, just for kicks, you may want to try TTY QUAKE, a textmode First Person Shooter (FPS).

Another cool bunch of games can be found here:

http://accounts.plit.dk/cgi-bin/accounts.pl?_cmd=MA_Login

There are several games on the one site, I play 3 of them but thats just cause I dont have time for more!

I can recommend this site very highly. They are all free with the option of "donating" (the nice way to say "pay") but you dont really to donate to enjoy the games to their fullest. If you do pay its relatively cheap and you get a few bonuses for all the games.

And if you by join strive for power please come back and post your party names so I can catch up to in the game!

Hope you enjoy it!

Later everyone