xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
guangdian

Do You Know Ipv6?

Do you know IPv6?  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It is a format of assigning address to routers and servers, in fact each entity over the internet. IPV stands for Internet Protocol Version.

Earlier IPV4 addressing was used. It had 32 bits for each address with 4 parts of 8 bit each. People thought that this would be more than enought to assign a unique id to each device on the internet. But that was a long time ago.. in the 80's.

Internet has come far since then. Now these address space is getting exhausted and hence they have come up with IPV6 addressing. These addresses are 128 bit each.

The headers for IP packets that have these addresses are designed so that both IPV4 and IPV6 type of addresses can co-exist till the time all the addresses are migrated to IPV6.

You would understand it all better if you have some idea of networking and IP packet protocols and routing.

The following link to RFC is the best and clear explanation of the IPV6 standard.

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc2460.html

Hope this was useful.

Cheers.

Have to go with cse-icons,ipv6 is basicly the same as the version 4, only diverence is that it uses 6 bytes instead of 4. so it will just get harder to remember your ip address....But the next couple of years, no ip problems... :)

I went to a Networking Confrence, and I heard about IPv6, and how its going to "change" the world". The speaker said the the new adderess will never be able to be changed "con".But hey if we are losing the amount of people we can have connected to the world I am all for it. Well that's all I have to say about IPv6.

This is actually topic of my seminar work from college, so I hope this will enlighten IPv6 a bit.IPv6 is internet protocol of new generation, since IPv4 allows around 4*10 to the power of 9 IP combinations (e.g. 4*1 000 000 000, I had to use calculator for this). IPv6 allows around 8*10 to the power of 28 IP combinations. IPv6 is 128 bit, while IPv4 is 32 bit. I think you are getting the picture what I am talking about. IPv6 is internet protocol that will provide enough IP addreses for Internet space, cause future of all aplications is actually Internet. There will be video on demand providers, online shops, online schools, etc. Internet is still in growing area and it is evolving every day.Also IPv6 will enable advanced traffic routing, additional addressing of network elements, mobility support and safety mechanics (<-- "Extension Headers")."FLow Label" will mark data flow which makes easier job for routers, resulting in faster data transfer.There is also known the fact that Slovenians have suceeded in making the best result in transfering data thru G?ANT network.Best regards, Robert :)

There will be video on demand providers, online shops, online schools, etc.

hmm well, that already exists, and is not dependent on ipv6.
Also some product suplyers want to give a fridge or a microwave an unique internet address for some purpose...
Then the millions of addresses that now exist are not enough.

hmm well, that already exists, and is not dependent on ipv6.

I wanna say that IPversion 6 getting much more IP address for humen beings on earth.But It's a small side.the Most better side for that it's the speed of Internet will be 1000 times quicker than now by the future Ipv6 protocal.

So after that period comes.The online shop & online school just wholy not the same as now.It's will be like real shop! real school!Just like you go shoping & go school...Do you think of it ever?I can't think of it. it's fierce....