xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
roggle

Intel Core 2 Duo

For those die hard AMD fans out there, it looks like Intel is set to take the lead with its Core 2 Duo due to be out sometime in July. Thus far it has thrashed an overclocked AMD FX 60 and has much lower power consumption.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Core_2

So if you are thinking of buying a new pc, might want to hold off for this one...read many reviews about it and it is promising.

And if you have an AMD already don't bother shelling out for an AM2 setup which gives DDR2 support...apparently it doesn't help performance eat all. Just stick with the socket 939s.

Damn, why does new things always come out during the time when I buy a new computer. This sould very interesting. I just bought a Dual Core Intel Alienware computer. Now they are releasing a new type of Dual Core system? Just my luck to be again, left behind the technology department. I was hoping I got the newest tech out for just a minute, but nope something just have to pop up around the corner.Thats technology for you though, new things pop up very fast and you can never really keep up to date with things now a days. =(

Computers are always like that...Especially with graphics card it hurts a lot...Few months and poof the price of your card drops by 50%.Don't fret too much, you still have till the end of July lol. There is always going to be something new around the corner and if you keep waiting you'll never get a computer. However Core Duo 2 has been announced for quite a while and Intel has taken special care to hype it up. I'll be interested to see how AMD replies.

We might be impressed by this, but 80 percent of the computer users doesn't need this. Most programmes and games run really well on ordinary processors. Not only that, but this new Intel Core 2 Duo will most positively be VERY expensive. While it goes out something new will already be on the way and we will never be satisfied.

The core 2 duo is out now actually :D Just noticed it got put up on Dell for desktops about 2-3 days ago. Only reason I noticed was cause I ordered my new laptop last week and was checking up on its status. Looks like Intel just got ahead of AMD for once ;). I got my laptop yesterday and its only a core duo but it sure as hell outperforms my amd athlon 3500+ so the extra core must be doing something, and the core 2 duo can only be better especially with the faster core speeds, goes up to 3ghz I think. ALSO the prices for it are not bad at all very comparable to the AMD X2's.

Even though it is a 32bit chip does it really make that big of a difference especially if your just gaming seeing that most games are STILL 32bit. The only reason I can see getting 64 bit processors are if your into developing stuff for them OR if you are just diehard bleeding edge technology personage ;). I admit 64 bit does add to performance but honestly for regular useage 32bit is more then enough. Also 64bit is still flakey concidering that there are barely any drivers for it, my keyboard and mouse are unsupported :D makes me sad.

Please take note that the new core cpu chips comes in 775 pins.. this pins can be found in the motherboard and are very tiny.. the price is worth it if you get an intel duo but the pressure of inserting the cpu chip or upgrading your pc parts is great..you can virtually damage the whole motherboard by bumping the cpu assembly.. the pins are so tiny that a small bump may potentially damage the pins.. damage pins on the motherboard will force you to buy a new one..------i am on a dual core with dual channel DDR1 memories..it works fast even if i dont have a video card.. i assembled it myself since i prefer to use mix pc parts..