xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Something Wrong With The Points System.

A couple of hours ago, my hosting credit was somewhere around 23-24 points. Now, it went all the way down to 11.Naturally, I haven't transfered points or requested any services that might require point deducation, or else I wouldn't have a problem :(.Would an admin kindly take a look at this?

It is more then likely that posts you created were edited or deleted, thus causing either entire posts or chunks of content to be considered null and the credits for them would be removed from your account.I'd reccomend taking a look through all your previous posts and finding out where the changes occurred.

Absolutely not, Jeigh. I checked that already :(.

All my posts are valid and (hopefully) helpful, and I try my very best to make sure they're all above being modified or deleted.

So no, I don't think that's it. But thanks for your trying to help :(.

---So?!Am I supposed to forget about this incident, even without an explanation from any of the moderators, except for the kind suggestion of Jeigh?If that's the case, then I'd like to be told so :(.Thank you.

uh-oh, that sounds like trouble.

Alright, member intervention!!! :(Ok, lets run through this list (even if you think you've already done these, do them again)-Check that none of your posts were edited or deleted-Check that you didn't "accidently" spam or take content and not give proper credit-Check that you didn't request any services that cost hosting creditsThat's about all I can think of that would cause a huge drop in credits. m^e might be able to assist in this issue.[N]F

Alright, member intervention!!! :P
Ok, lets run through this list (even if you think you've already done these, do them again)
-Check that none of your posts were edited or deleted
-Check that you didn't "accidently" spam or take content and not give proper credit
-Check that you didn't request any services that cost hosting credits

That's about all I can think of that would cause a huge drop in credits. m^e might be able to assist in this issue.

[N]F

Thanks nightfox :(.

I did all that (again), and nothing. I didn't find any edited/deleted posts. I never spam or not give proper credit, whether accidentally or intentionally. And I didn't request any services whatsoever.

Anyway, I really don't have that big a problem with losing the points. Points are earned by participation at the forum, and I'm participating :(. I was just worried that this might happen again, to me or to other members.

But I guess the bottom-line here is: I'm the only member who had an unexplained point loss.

Thank you all for you help and suggestions ;). Warm regards.

The point system we've tried to be cleared up about what unexpected things could happen, though I guess we'll continue getting posts like these because of strange occurences.Only 1 official knows the internals of this, so most administrators can only relay the information we've been told of how it works. If we knew more about it, we'd probably find means of exploiting it, so this is why it's kept hidden from us.If you reply to a spam post and the whole thread gets deleted, then you're bound to lose points, if the thread is found plagurised, etc and is moved to an area that does not gain points, you'll lose those points gained too, so we may not delete the thread.Other than that, we just have to trust that it works as intended and that you are not the only one who gets affected as it affects everyone in some ways.Cheers,MC

Thank you, mastercomputers :(.Yes, I understood all this before I posted my question in the first place, and I'm sorry for the inconvenience. Like I said, I don't have that big a problem losing the points (so long as it's not to the point I'd lose hosting :(), I merely wanted to know whether this was an individual fluke or a general case. Since apparently everything is working just fine for everybody else, I'm fine with it myself.Hopefully, this topic will serve another member who faces a similar problem and doesn't know what to do about it.Again, I thank everyone for their helpfulness ;). Best regards.

Edited by isMobham (see edit history)

Hehe... I'm one of the member who experienced this just sometime back....At first, I checked all the posts that I have written. I looked for all my posts in the last post column. None was edited or deleted away. So, hmm... something must be wrong. And then I realized that one of the topic that I replied to was deleted away. It is not just my reply but the whole topic was junked becoz the first post is kinda spam(I replied to the second post.... :( ) The junked topic was nowhere to be found. The thing here is I have written a few posts before and it was kinda hard to remember how many posts I have written. Of course, what happened to me and isMobham might be entirely different. Just wanna share my experience. :(