xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
t4tav

Ms Office 2007

I finaly got my copy of MS Office 2007 Beta yesterday . :(

Its brilliant. The new UI is easier to use , with a simple click feature .

See pics below :

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Perhaps a more appropriate fora? :(

Made some screenshots as well, of the new features and UI over there. link.

Posted Image

The downside is however, that I'm not using it anymore right now. The beta requires SP 2, and I have a very bad history with SP2. Shortly after writing that topic windows installation failed the boot and I couldn't uninstall SP2 from DOS, so had to transfer data with another windows partition and eventually format disk. Not touching service pack 2 again - ever.

Well, it's nice if you need all those features, but I'm quite happy with the 2k3 version and in fact I'm also very happy with OpenOffice.org (except maybe the spell correction that needs some improvements).It also looks so ... big ... and baby blue. I mean, baby blue, does that have to look professional ???Well, since I don't linke SP2 either (and I probably won't run Longhorn (me don't like the new name)), I'm goign to stick with MO2K3 en oOo2

You know ... it actually looks nice. Nice to see that they've actually introduced a new concept for the menus. But, I'm just wondering how it performs. More resource hungry I suppose. I'll definitely get a hold of it sooner or later, but till then as Wutske said ... I'm quite happy with 2K3 and OO2.

I've tested it yesterday... Looks really impressive. Graphics are awesome, and design of interface is good. This new user interface and new style of menus will popularize office even more, because, there is still some people out there that can't realize how to use certain features of MSoffice...Anyway, all those nifty graphics are resource killer, on my duron (2ghz) with 768mb of ram, and nVidia MX460 graphics card, everything goes smooth, but you can feel the massive resource consumption behind...

I quite like it , the new UI stands out from the orrigianl, Usually All Windows Programs Have the Same Grey Bar At The Top Of The WindowI like it , its more interactive.