xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

New To XAMMP - Having Start-up Problems

When I type in LOCALHOST/xammp i get this error message:

Warning: file_get_contents(lang.tmp) [function.file-get-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 2
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php:2) in C:\Program Files\xampp\htdocs\xampp\index.php on line 3

I am using Windows XP sp2 and tried adding ports 80, 443, and 3306. Also something I noticed, when I go to the Xammp Control Panal Application and click on Mysql Admin, under MyODBC it reads "Not Found Driver 3.51 Not Found" Any ideas?

This doesn't make sense at all. YOu might need to remove all files for Apache MySQL and PHP from the XAMPP folder and then reinstall the system again allowing the default settings. If you are having trouble removing some of those files then this means that the program is running, so you need to stop it then go back and remove all files. Do the reinstall only after all files and folders have been removed from your harddrive.

Hey i think that ur Xamp files are gor courrepted i am sure coz when a virus attack on mine PC i start anti virus when it clean mine PC, after thisi found that some XAmpp siles got courrepted i reinstall it and starts working fine

I am not sure what the problem would be, but I can give you these set of instructions: > First, clear all the files that you have installed presently. > Get a fresh download of XAMPP from the net. > Install it with all default options. For now, install at C:\xampp itself. > Once that is done, start the Apache server, the MySQL server. You can leave the FTP and Mercury servers off. > Then, fire up your browser, and type the following in the address bar: LOCALHOST> If it shows LOCALHOST/xampp/ - an orangish webpage, then all is fine. If it does not, copy paste the error message here, and we can try to help.

Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

want to know how to run php fileNew To XAMMP - Having Start-up Problems

Hi Dear Friends,

I am new to xampp, I can see xampp control panel is showing apache/mysql is running , could any one help me where is php and if I type hello php in notpad and with proper syntex , where to store it and how to run it.

please any help would be gr8

thank you

Prashant

Put the files you are working on in \xampp\htdocs and then go to LOCALHOST/ to use them

want to know how to run php file

New To XAMMP - Having Start-up Problems

<p>Hi Dear Friends,</p>

<p> I am new to xampp, I can see xampp control panel is showing apache/mysql is running , could any one help me where is php and if I type hello php in notpad and with proper syntex , where to store it and how to run it.</p>

<p>please any help would be gr8</p>

<p>thank you</p>

<p>Prashant </p>

Another alternative to XAMPP, I recommend Uniform Server (Windows Only, so it's WAMPP).

Uniform Server is usually kept more current, which means security patches are usually applied before XAMPP. It is also configured for Production and can be used to run Live sites, but also it can be made portable and be used from your flash drives so you can also take your websites around with you, use them at presentations, etc.

I highly recommend Uniform Server.

Cheers,

MC

Well now you're used to the xammp environment and how the different servers work, I would say it's time to get rid of it and start installing your own servers such as apache, php and mysql. xammp is really only designed for complete novices and isn't used by anyone who can call themselves a professional. Once you have succesfully setup and configured your own servers you too will be well on your way to becoming a pro!