xisto Community
sandeep1405241520

The Moon Landing - Real Or Fake

Furthermore, wouldn't the Moon's rotation make the flag flap?

Nope, none whatsoever. The earth rotates and you can still have a non-windy day, can't you? But that's besides the point.

Simply put, there is no air in space, and even if there was, the flag has wires in it to keep it upright and make it nice and straight as well. :(
Edited by mpinsky (see edit history)

I think it was all a fake. If even today we doesn't have enough technology to land anywhere and remain intact and safe, I think that was a fake back there.

then how the hell did we get a rover landed safely on Mars and taking live photos of the red planet?

Plus, we have samples from Mars and the Moon.

I think we did land, however, as I said before, there's a chance that most countries around the world's gov't are tricking us. Yet, I doubt it.

xboxrulz

Yeah, I know this, but the problem is that a bunch of space shuttles and other junkies we human beings tried to send to outer space haven't got there successfully, with all the technology we have today. And think about it back there!! Almost impossible. I think that it was all a very big lie.

Personally, I don't believe that in those days somebody landed on the moon by the technology they had and came back safe to Earth, I believe only in facts and what I see by my own eyes, don't want to argue, but facts are facts and to brainwash someone today is very easy, even I can do it. But the moon landing was shown on Television, it is written in History books that they were the first men on the moon, so let it be, even if they really weren't there, I don't really care. It was the "Space Race" between Democracy and Communism, USA and Soviet Union. As a matter of fact, if I was American something, I would choose to foul all the world by making the moon landing in some Area 51 if I could, after all, after it a lot of what changed.. to better..I don't really see any point of sending a life human to moon or to mars, what's the point ? Why do we need a base there ? It would only use a lot of resources and precious money which would be better be invested here on Earth.. Having a Space Station is a good idea, to do research and get more experience on living in Space.. A moon base would be a good idea too, but only if we were already be travelling from planet to planet, it is much easier to land a big ship on the moon or even to dock a space ship in the space station rather than on Earth, but Today this is only our fantasy, but I believe that someday this is going to happen and in the future people will be saying that USA was the first country to land on the moon, even if they didn't, it is better to waste the time on something having more point. Cold war has a lot of things which we rather wouldn't know, I don't really want to know, I was interested in this kind of stuff earlier, but lost my interest by gathering a lot of facts.. USA or Russia.. they stole a lot from Germany, even the stealth fighter model.. German scientists in the end of World War II had plans of triangle planes (currently Stealth Fighters) and etc. Spies were working as crazy.A lot of talks were made about technologies being bought in this topic, but China having mode of communism and successfully developing market economy, Japan with its powerful economy.. Remembering the History, England on Industrial Revolution was the leading country in the world, but after some time things changed, I really believe that things will change after some decades too.. USA won't be the leading country. I remember a lot of talks that USA will fight with Russia and World War III will begin, now this sounds stupid to me. When Soviet Union vanished, new talks that USA will fight with the united Europe - the Europe Union.. When Terrorism has become a real threat, the East will fight with USA.. Everyone wants to fight with USA :( a lot of whom hates USA, but still.. People don't learn from their mistakes, they don't like the facts which happened in the past, they continue to do the same mistakes, were only Humans :( Conspiracy is a really strong weapon, which intelligent people use, if you think for a little, I think you use some sort of "conspiracy" among your friends, family members, teachers and etc. The Romans and the Greeks did it, if you don't want to get brainwashed - use your brains and believe in facts. The USA government and even other governments has a lot of what to hide and if they have then it is better for most of the people, but there were always a lot of to much inquisitive individuals who want to know everything, let them.. The thing that the government even hides what blown up the Pentagon on 2001 September 11 even though they have it filmed, but as I know showed only couple of frames is stupid, if they didn't have anything to hide, they would show all the video.. Someone was talking about UFOs.. I don't believe in them, but I believe in Aliens, but not that we or they have any contact, be realistic.. Imagine we would find another race, what would we do ? Columbus found America and Indians, he started taking the gold, because he saw that he was more powerful, all the Indians knew about the new comers, Columbus didn't talk with their chief and didn't make secret plans with them, he just used them, just imagine how would you make your first contact with aliens if they would be less technology experienced? I don't think you would be flying into their most powerful countries presidents apartments and making some kind of a deal, you would just use them, because you're a Human? But if that another race would be more powerful than we, humans, we would be good to them, we would wan their support an technology, we would be searching for ways to get it.. this is logical..

In light of recent news that Stephen Hawking, a prominent contemporary physicist, argues that humanity must colonize 'space,' I think that this topic has become even more relevant. Whether you believe that the US made it to the moon or not is largely pointless now. So, who cares. What we should be considering is the next steps. Is it worth colonizing the moon? And... what would be our goals once we got there. Seeing as the same administration who mandated that the US go back to the moon, can't even 'colonize' Iraq appropriately (cuz he didn't know what the hell to do once he got there), we should really think hard about what the value of going to the moon would be. For example, would there be any natural resources that we could exploit? Could we ever terraform the moon? What about Mars?

In light of recent news that Stephen Hawking, a prominent contemporary physicist, argues that humanity must colonize 'space,' I think that this topic has become even more relevant. Whether you believe that the US made it to the moon or not is largely pointless now. So, who cares. What we should be considering is the next steps. Is it worth colonizing the moon? And... what would be our goals once we got there. Seeing as the same administration who mandated that the US go back to the moon, can't even 'colonize' Iraq appropriately (cuz he didn't know what the hell to do once he got there), we should really think hard about what the value of going to the moon would be. For example, would there be any natural resources that we could exploit? Could we ever terraform the moon? What about Mars?

Mars, maybe; the Moon, probably not.

You see, the Moon has less gravatiy than Mars does, thus making it a tad bit impractical to colonize there. Plus, there is also no water on the Moon, while Mars has ice-caps, thus making it easier to get water rather than transporting it from Earth. Not only that, but Mars has shown proof of once harboring river beds and channels, thus showing us that it once had water on its surfaces. However, there would be two disadvantages I can think of at the moment of colonizing on Mars. One, plumbing would be very primitive, practically non-existant, because Mars has no water underground like Earth does, thus no plumbing system could be installed. We would have to throw our waste out in space like astronauts do, which can be a very unpleasant job to carry out, and two, imagine the cost it would be for each trip; it would cost even more than the Moon mission did. It takes an estimated time of about nine months to travel to Mars, so think of all the supplies they would have to stock for each person if we were to colonize. So, just like the Moon, colonizing on Mars would be very impractical. For now, I think people from Earth that aren't astronauts will be keeping their feet firmly planted on Earth's ground. :(

Edited by mpinsky (see edit history)

For example, would there be any natural resources that we could exploit?

That is a good question by illini319. Space missions are not exactly cheap. Stephen Hawkins can argue about uman colonies in space but the ultimate decision would come down to cost-benefit analysis. Having a manned moon mission and a manned mars mission for the pride of nations and technological advancement is different from colonizing the moon or mars. Unless of course, you are referring to small scale colony of just a few personnel for research purposes like what we are having on the International Space Station and its predecessor, Mir space station. But if we can discover some minerals that are not found on earth or is particularly scarce and its use is difficult to be substituted by other minerals/compound, then I think we are on the way to colonizing moon or mars. You would then see nations racing to have a colony of their own.

I remember a lot of talks that USA will fight with Russia and World War III will begin, now this sounds stupid to me. When Soviet Union vanished, new talks that USA will fight with the united Europe - the Europe Union.. When Terrorism has become a real threat, the East will fight with USA.. Everyone wants to fight with USA a lot of whom hates USA, but still.. People don't learn from their mistakes, they don't like the facts which happened in the past, they continue to do the same mistakes, were only Humans

Yup... you are right that we are only humans and we make tonnes of mistakes. And to make it worse, we seem to never learn from our mistakes. However, this "trend" of making mistakes is getting ever more costly due to technological advancement. If World War III were to happen and all the nuclear weapons that we have today is successfully launched and detonated, I dare say that it is the end of humanity. Even if a particular land area is not bombarded with the nuclear missile, the eventual massive global nuclear fallout would certainly wipe us, humans, out. Good enough reason to have a colony on the moon or mars? :(

I believe that the Apollo moon landing was real. What possible reason would NASA have to fake it? Did the rocket blow up? How come they didn't cover up the Shuttle disaster?

//Captain.Jerry/

The reason they would've faked it (and they did by the way) is becouse of this little thing called the "Space Race" between the US and the USSR. The Soviets had already sent up dogs and people before us. We needed to beat them somewhere right? Why not the moon?

So, we sent soem guys up with some fake moon rocks, had them orbit the earth a few times, filmed them "Landing" on the moon, and had them come back down in the ocean.
It was the perfect plan. :(

again one of those debates... now I hear all of those stories:- the flag is moving but where does the wind comes from?
- there is no stars in the background?
- the sand dosen't look real

- There was no wind but in keeping with Newton's laws of physics the force of the astronauts placing the flag on the moon would have caused a fluttering that lasted longer because of less gravity and no air.
- They landed on the light side of the moon with the sun shining down upon them. You tell me, can you see stars during the day?
- Of course the sand doesn't look real! It was in black and white, nothing looks real!

If I said well, why don't we just point the Hubble on the moon! Surely, we would see evidence of humanity if we used a powerful telescope.

Hubble is too far away from the Moon and not powerful enough to see small objects like those left on the moon landing, and the only telescope capable of seeing the moon that close hasn't been launched yet and will orbit arounf the moon. Then we will see if the moon landing was faked or not!

Plus, there is also no water on the Moon, while Mars has ice-caps, thus making it easier to get water rather than transporting it from Earth.

There is actually water on the Moon, on the sideof a crater in the south polar caps, similair to the water ice on Mars.

I beleive the Moon landing was real because the American government wouldn't spend that much money on something fake! At least I don't think they would. And if Hollywood can't reproduce the movements they made on the Moon now how could they back in 1969?

It is funny, though, that after the Apollo 11 launch the vice-President at the time said they would have a man on Mars by 1980! We all know that didn't happen.

i would like to reply but Quatrux have given all hook and sinker.I agree with Quatrux on his view and the landings was all fake, there are alot of proofs on the feeds and the photos that they are not real.--at that time, russia is the best in technology and the one in the the lead may it be in space travel or sea travel. they even manage to create a nuclear powered submarine on times that america is still using old fuels.imagine harnessing nuclear power to use in vessels that carries potentially more danger since it travels at high pressure under the water.--now to come back to the landings, it was also a fact that russia have already sent live specimens to orbit and have minimal flaws on their designs unlike US who made alot of errors and most of the attempts exploded before it reach orbit.i guess that US landed on the moon a few more years after.why they will fake the landings? economics and politics.. the most powerful and advance nation will have much more investors and will be heard much more by the smaller nations. on the count of small nations, that spells out billions of people having an eye on you and attempting to invest on your country and live in your country.after russia beleived that they lost, the development on space travel on their side was slowed down.

You guys can argue all you want but in my opinion there is no possible way to determine whether or not it was fake by examining movies made in black and white from 1969.

And, since this is the USA everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and that includes our own government. Then we DID land on the moon until the president decides to get on TV in front of the whole nation and tell us we didn't, because that is about the only way we will ever be able to 100% prove whether or not it really happened.

But in my personal opinion, Neal Armstrong was the first person in the human race to step foot on the moon.

One small step for man, one large step for mankind

You guys can argue all you want but in my opinion there is no possible way to determine whether or not it was fake by examining movies made in black and white from 1969.
And, since this is the USA everyone is innocent until proven guilty, and that includes our own government. Then we DID land on the moon until the president decides to get on TV in front of the whole nation and tell us we didn't, because that is about the only way we will ever be able to 100% prove whether or not it really happened.

But in my personal opinion, Neal Armstrong was the first person in the human race to step foot on the moon.

Very good point there Bitshift. I never really thought of it that way, but it is true. Unless the government itself comes out itself and says it is fake, then it will stay a fact.

Anyways, back to the Mars/Moon thing.

Somebody asked if there were natural resources we could exploit; the answer to that is actually yes, there is. Just like clay, Mars' surface has many minerals such as copper and iron in it, therefore coming to the conclusion that it probably has some more of those materials underground, maybe even mines that we could exploit in that way. :(

Still not too sure about oil though. :(

there are 2 big paradoxe's here:1- why fake something like that ? whats the point ?2- why spend so much money to go to a place they had already probed and analised extensively, would be much cheaper to fake it.there are some real valide theories:1- sugestive manipulation, or what it is called, no one has the original broadband of the videos, the moon landign could have been some kind of brain manipulation when you see it on tv, where it be brain washing, massive manioulation or just spy triggering...i dunno.2-everyone was looking at the tv, that would have myght been of some militar or spionage advantage.3-i doubt they had the technology to go to moon there, the processors they used couldnt handle for sure the calculations necessary for the landing, of that im convinced but i cant back that up.4-there are many real things that many people dont know, its easier to believe in something that is not real then in something that is real, some time ago, 6 to 7 years ago, a russian tv station taped a crash landing of a so called "ovni" they where there, less then 2 meters form it, no one knew about it, some do know, some say its a big fake, but it is not, but do they had aliens inside ? i dont think so.and since we are talking about aliens, if you think that they are no such things like uf0's youre wrong, they exist, but there are no aliens,do you know that there are no aliens ??? do oyu know how will the human race look like in 5 million years from know ? i know !!! will look like the so called "aliens" , our brain is growing and our muscles and hair are falling, look at your smaller fingers, in the hands and in your feet's, theyre getting smaller and lossing mobility, on they theyll dissapear, you hears, your lossing your lobulos, its a recessive gean, just like tru blonds, theyre dissapearing, your hears will soon merge with your head, in some time from know, will look just like aliens.so what are they ? time travelers, einstein proved it was real, i think he has calculations hidden in the vatican, there are even rumours that some slavaged books from alexandria are in there, we can even speculate about magic, do you believe in "magical" powers? no ? d oyou know theyre are theorectical possbile ?you know, sience has moved forward in a way you consider dogmatic, but it isnt, we have the power of the atom, but what is the atom ? its just a theory, so does the way it works, a possiblity proved wrong before, yet it impulses the way sience goes forward, there are many laws of sience that are wrong, even our spectrum of waves and mobility is limeted, we do not have perception of what is around us, we dont even know how light does really work,many many many things out there......i wish i wasnt so laisy, i have some theories i would like to share with the world, theories that im afraid to reveal because i have them backup with facts, and i dont wish to have some sort of organisation wanting to intorragte me with the possibility of me hadding obtained industrial secrets...wich i have not.analyse this has you want.

With regards to planet colonization: I'm wondering what our first step would be to make Mars habitable. I've watched enough Discovery shows to realize that most experts think that atmosphere and temperature needs to be ameliorated before anything else. But how? Some say that you need to release the frozen carbon dioxide, apparently trapped under Martian soil, to elevate global temperatures. This would hopefully lead to the thawing of the polar ice caps and release the water. Then what? Plant some trees? How will we start generating enough oxygen on that planet to get the atmosphere to an acceptable level for human survival? It seems to me that this is a LONG term project that needs to start ASAP given that it will take decades (perhaps centuries) to accomplish...

With regards to planet colonization: I'm wondering what our first step would be to make Mars habitable. I've watched enough Discovery shows to realize that most experts think that atmosphere and temperature needs to be ameliorated before anything else. But how? Some say that you need to release the frozen carbon dioxide, apparently trapped under Martian soil, to elevate global temperatures. This would hopefully lead to the thawing of the polar ice caps and release the water. Then what? Plant some trees? How will we start generating enough oxygen on that planet to get the atmosphere to an acceptable level for human survival? It seems to me that this is a LONG term project that needs to start ASAP given that it will take decades (perhaps centuries) to accomplish...

Hmm, I really hadn't thought that far ahead when I posted my answer. ^^;; Anyways, you are right about the long term project idea because we will need a lot of pretty advanced technology to actually accomplish this goal. As for the oxygen, I'm not quite sure. Maybe they will create an oxygen recycler that they use for long-swimming scuba divers or something along the lines of that nature. However, despite NASA wanting to reach Mars, they will need a lot of supplies since of finding some way of creating crono-sleeping instruments as it would take around nine months to get there and nine months to get back. Personally, I don't think this journey to Mars will happen any time soon. T^T