xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
vicky99

A Strange Problem In My PC

FriendsI am having a strange problem. For few days my computer is behaving weirdly. Now it has stopped working.When I tried to reinstall Windows Xp I fialed. The machine surprisingly stops after 2-3 munites. I have no clue about what's happening. A friend of mine had suggested me that my RAM might have been damaged. I am confused .So I would be very thankful if someone help me out of this mess.

It is most definitely a hardware problem. Maybe the processor is over-heating, or it's the RAM. First of all, check the CPU fan and the CPU temperature - 2 minutes is enough to see that in BIOS. If it all seems OK, then try putting the memory into another computer. If it shuts down too, you know what the problem is.

i had similar problem then i called the customer support some person came and said that my hard drive was corruptefd an had to format whole thingdoes it shows loggin to xp?if it doednt then take immediate steps dude

Thanks pyostFor your advice. i will do waht you you told me to do and let you know later. How may I check the temperature of computer?

To know if your CPU is overheating, most computers do shutdown to prevent damage to the rest of the system or they "lock-up" to prevent more overheating.

Here's a list of CPUs and their normal operating temperatures (in degrees C) Note that 22 degrees C is about 70 degrees F. http://www.heatsink-guide.com/content.php?t=maxtemp.shtml

Most BIOS, I think, have built-in sensors to detect current fan RPM and some can detect CPU temperature and some can possibly even detect hard disk temperature. It all depends on your motherboard and BIOS.

[N]F