xisto Community
mediafork

Tried Windows Media Player 11 Beta?

I am probably not going to get Windows Media Player 11 until it is a full version. Beta things aren't all that brilliant in my opinion so I don't use them much.I also don't like the look of media player 11.
I'll stick with 10 for now until its a full version.

It already is a full version. The beta period ended a while back. I like WMP11, way better than 9 or 10. WMP7 is good for real and quicktime alternative, but WMP11 overall still takes the cake. Compared to winamp, it's not as good for mp3s and audio, but winamp truly sucks at video playback, a plus point of WMP. --though getting the codecs can sometimes be a real pain. I actually use TheKMPlayer for video playback. all the functions and more of WMP, plus built-in support for almost every codec, and it also plays flv files. Best of all, it's freeware.

Isn't Zune the name of the new portable MP3/Media players from Microsoft?Do they have some kind of media player software to go with it, like Windows Media Player lol.Windows Media Player can still be very reliable in many ways, although I mostly use Video Lan Client and Media Player Classic.Like some files may only work in Video Lan Client, or it's just it can play partly downloaded media, but also Windows Media Player can play quite a few files other players seem to have issues with, or at least that is my experience so far.

my WMP 11 dnt look like one shown by AlegisTried Windows Media Player 11 Beta?

yes Wmp is good -but if u want to use less memory its winamp.

but the screenshot by Alegis dnt match mine.

mine looks like black and prussian blue-any one know why?

and yes beta version of WMP 11 is crashing a lot

-reply by Trinka