xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
nightfox1405241487

Network Design Software

Hey,Does anyone know of any "free" network design software? Anything that can aid in mapping out a network (if you work on an enterprise or really large network) like the technical diagrams to map out routers, switches, hubs?Anything would be great![N]F

Hi,
A programt that I can suggest that is very good is Microsoft Visio. It is great at creating network diagrams as well as many other things, I use it for all my work at home. It comes pre-installed with diagrams, pictures and everything you need.

Also, it has a very easy to use User Interface. all you have to do is drag the item you want (say like a remote computer terminal) onto the document and start from there. Draw lines from picture to picture. The lines and pictures automatically lok to the grid as well.

Though you did say that you wanted it to be free. Microsoft Visio is not that, why would microsoft make it free?? But, you can download a free 30-day trial from them to play around with. If you like it so much after that you can even purchase it. After 30 days it will go into reduced function mode and some functions will not be available. Still its a great way to test out the product.

If you want to try it out go to:

https://products.office.com/de-DE/visio?legRedir=true&CorrelationId=8b7f21a9-8127-4c5f-b4e2-8bbcd4733771

By the way, it is a rather large download (100MB +) so you may want to take some time to download it. Its definatley worth it though!

Hope you have fun creating networks!

Edited by Jimmy89 (see edit history)