xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
seec77

Can I Transfer Credits To And From Trap17?

Can I transfer credits from an Xisto forum account to or from a Xisto forum account? I host a website for my band here on Xisto, and another band member of mine wanted to support me with the forum activity thing (I can't always be active), but he's more interested in the discussions going on at Xisto. I know the Transfer Credits page, but it only asks for a username to transfer to, and I noticed that my AH username isn't registered on Trap, so that means that the credit transfer host relies on there only being one instance of a username, and if I were able to transfer credits to Trap from there, then you guys would've had to assure my user was registered over there at Trap. In short, is it possible?

I think it is not possible, because that way people could abuse it. You would be able to register two accounts and maintain your account more easily :D

I don't really think that's an adequate reason. I mean, one can also create two accounts on Xisto, and reply to his own posts with more insignificant babble, which is even easier than actually indulging in coherent communication on Xisto. Besides, it's not like it's easier to maintain your hosting credits if you also have a Xisto user, besides your Xisto user, because you still have to participate in twice as many threads and discussions, and write twice as much, to get twice as much hosting creds. Some people just might have a lot to say about both the Xisto and the Xisto areas.

I have an account here were I enjoy the privilege of being an "outsider" and a relatively in-active member ( I only visit once in a while) and I also have a Hosting account membership at the Xisto were I am a Moderator. As far as I am aware, you may have membership at both places, but a Hosting account at only one. Credits are not transferrable except to/from Hosted members within the same site. I don't know why except I speculate that it is to avoid situations where there is a possibility for abuse, as already indicated. So I am in a similar situation. I have over 100 credits here which I will never use, but can not transfer to others. Oh well... I figure the knowledge I glean from Xisto is worth it.

See the whole point of our hosting system is that we give hosting in exchange of Good posts.

Also note that, credits transfer is possibly ONLY from one HOSTED member to another.

If we allowed transfer of credits from non-hosted accounts, it'd beat the whole purpose.

One can easily come in, make a few good posts, get hosting and never bother to post well after that. He can easily set up a bunch of fake accounts and keep posting short useless stuff - which will nevertheless give him 1-2 credits in each account - which he can then transfer to his hosted account and keep it going...

That's not how it works here. You need to keep up a steady rate of posting against the hosting account.

Hence, we've no such facility to transfer credits between the services AND between non-hosted to hosted accounts. Credits transfer is possible only between hosted accounts and that too when you have credits in excess of 30. Any amount over 30 credits is available for transfer - and there's a surcharge of 3% which we deduct everytime during transfers.