xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
xip

LCD Monitor: VGA Or DVI ?

Hi !I just buyed a new LCD monitor to replace my old CRT monitor. The new monitor have two conection options: VGA and DVI. Now I have it connected to VGA, because my graphic card do not have the DVI conection.I don't know if image quality will change between VGA and DVI. If I buy a new graphics card with DVI output I will see any quality improvement? The graphics card I have now is a nVidia 5200 so in fact I am not needing more graphics performance and if I buy a new one will be only for the DVI output feature. Do you spend the money for DVI ? :D

If I buy a new graphics card with DVI output I will see any quality improvement?

No.

I dont think you will see any diferance.

I had a similar question before also and what I was told is that there will be some difference. The DVI method should give you a more crisp image. Since you have a LCD monitor this would most benefit it because DVI is digital and that's exactly how an LCD monitor works (the pixels are displayed digitally).I wonder if a DVI to VGA adapter is useful in this scenario? Or will it drag it down?But yes, you should see better quality (as I was told...).

DVI is High quality image, but we can see throw a naked eye the diferences between VGA and DVI. Some while ago i bougth a Sony BRAVIA 26" LCD Televison and also can connect to a Pc, but only if he supports HDMI( high definition Multimedia Input ) Well VGA does not support HDMI, so i felt the need to sponsor a DVI ghrafic card. So if you dont need High Definition in your PC i dont need to buy a DVI Card.

ok.. so if you study the image closly, their may be a tiny diferance... but is it worth buing a new graphics card.... not unless you have cash to burn :D

I wouldn't buy a new card just for the DVI outlet. Only if your new monitor is an expensive super high quality thing and you'd want to get most out of it it. There are differences but like said before, they are quite small and depend a lot on the usage.

Need 14 Pin to 15 Pin HD15 VGA connector

LCD Monitor: VGA Or DVI ?

I have a old PC which I need to backup. Unfortunately the Video connector has only 14 pins. I noticed the CRT monitor which used to work with this PC has a pin missing on the middle row. The CRT monitor is dead & I am trying to connect a LCD monitor with a VGA HD15 connector.

Where can I get a 14 Pin (Male) to 15 Pin (Feamale) HD15 VGA connector?

-reply by tarana