xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
doom145

Lava Design

Posted Image

What you think of it, I think its a good design as the lava or the first time for me has been constructed very well, i know the experts muist think that it sucks but i think personally this one is good, give me ur feedback :)

While it's true I Started out the same way, let me give you a little bit of advice. While you can learn things from tutorials, the main reason to use a tut at all is to get comfortable with some techniques and give you new ideas. Do something else with that image, all it is now is someone else's work just done on your computer. Plus, experiment wiht the settings they used for the tutorials, try to come up wiht something different that looks even better. True, that's difficult for you to do now, but if you approach graphics with this mindset, then there's always good pissibilities in the future.

look, i dont use tuts to design images without anything on there, i mess around, i dont like cheating, sure i use tuts but not for stuff like this, for this sought of stuff, it is better to muck around than actually do what some1 else did....

That's a real nice creative image. It's got some nice lighting effects on it. Not too sure about the lava idea about it though, It would look more like lava if it was a little bit more smooth.

look, i dont use tuts to design images without anything on there, i mess around, i dont like cheating, sure i use tuts but not for stuff like this, for this sought of stuff, it is better to muck around than actually do what some1 else did....

63320[/snapback]

What? I found the tutorial you used. I don't know what you're saying here. What I try to tell people is that tuts are good for learning some techniques and stuff, but don't rely on them in your work whne you're starting out. That image you posted looks almost exactly like the one done in that tut, try to do something more with it once you've done the tut. Modify it, heck, even try some filters on it. Try fading the filters with different blending modes. (You do that by going to edit>fade... after using a filter, as long as you odn't do anything else first.) Try to do something more with the image.