xisto Community
doctor

What Is The Limit Of The Life? whats the limit of the life?

Hi everybody;Suppose that: A human lives in sterile conditions.(There are no pathogen microorganisms,virus etc.) His foods are served in same conditions. Additionaly his birth was in a different way.(Not from vaginal to eradicate from the maternal microorganisms in the vaginal sulcus). And also there are no dangerous enviromental conditions like radiations,chemicals etc. In shortly,I want to say that if we supply these conditions to this man what will be the life-time limit?(increased or decreased?) Is this limit on our genes(telomers) or afflicted by enviromental conditions?Or it is under control of GOD!(Destiny)Some prophets live approximately 900 years.(Nuh) And this life-time changes in every country.(China-83,Turkey-60....) Is this the result of health conditions? I wait your ideas about this subject. :P

Person that lives in conditions like that wouldnt live much. Why? Think this way. If you don't eat all kinds of junk food, and sometimes maybe you eat something that is not healty enough, like apple that isn't washed, your organism may get infected - but then again, that way your organism learns how to defend. If you put a man in solid environment with really pure everything, from air to water and food. He would probably get sick soon, and die, from some genetic generated random disease. well, anyway, that's the way I think of it. If you think for a bit, you will see that medications today expands lifetime, but then again too much of them eventually gives different effect to an organism. Organism then developes addict to drugs and medications, and eventually can't leave without them...

Person that lives in conditions like that wouldnt live much. Why? Think this way. If you don't eat all kinds of junk food, and sometimes maybe you eat something that is not healty enough, like apple that isn't washed, your organism may get infected - but then again, that way your organism learns how to defend. If you put a man in solid environment with really pure everything, from air to water and food. He would probably get sick soon, and die, from some genetic generated random disease.
well, anyway, that's the way I think of it.
If you think for a bit, you will see that medications today expands lifetime, but then again too much of them eventually gives different effect to an organism. Organism then developes addict to drugs and medications, and eventually can't leave without them...

İf we teach our defence cells(T cells....) how to defence or if our defence cells learned to fight to microorganisms by vaccines so what will be happen?And we will supply all medical care to our man.And there is no possibility to eat not washed apple or other non-sterile foods.we supply all healty conditions to our man.If you think for a bit i want emphaise that what effects our life-time limits?Enviromental or genetic factors?So..

What do you mean by life time limit? Is it the amount of years someone can live naturally without medical and other technological help? Even if there are no pathogens, human body would age by itself. And there are tonnes of diseases associated with old age. But if medical care and other scientific advances are taken into account, then i don't think there is a life time limit in the future. When some of our body parts fail, we could replace them with artificial parts. Think of how we can maintain and run an old automobile. Of course the newer automobiles would be faster and better in a lot of ways but as long as spare parts are available, the old automobile can continue to run. Mankind would finally achieve eternal life!! :D

Mankind would finally achieve eternal life!! :D

But would you WANT eternal life? Think about it...

Living forever isn't probably as good as everyone seems to think. We need the kind of deadline (no pun intended) our bodies put on ourselves to feel any reason to keep existing. Why would you do things if you knew you could always do them later?

Many people live every day at a time because they don't really know when they'll die, and as such they take the most out of every day. With this kind of "immortality", there wouldn't be a reason to do so.

And if you don't die, then what is life? Is a highly advanced machine with a few organic parts really alive? (thinking about your cyborgish idea)

I guess I wouldn't want to live forever at the moment.

As for the limit of our bodies, yes, they will decay, in fact they decay really rapidly as you know one can be perfectly healthy at 70 but be in a highly severe state of mental illness at his 80s... And it'll be like that for the next half century at least.

I don't think he will live very long because without building up a reisistance to disease and with little or no social stimulation he would kill himself or be killed.And then you've got you're moral problems so he won't even be in conditions like that long enough to know, they'll release him when he's 13 because of all the protests and then die a year late from flu.

When reading this topic it reminds me of a movie about how one person that was immortal and had to live just to see people he cared about die. They die because they were not immortal like him, and he suffered this type of emotional distress everytime he found someone new or started a new life. But somehow something happened to him which I dont remember but he eventually started to age, and when he died he died with a smile. I guess, there is a subliminal message saying, having eternal life may not be that great when you have soo much to lose. Its better to live life with what you got and live your life to the fullest until its over.

Personally I believe in the heaven/hell concept since I've grown up under a Christian religion. That having been said I'll openly admit I am scared of death, I'm not really sure why. It could be I'm worried that my faith is misplaced or that humans improperly interpretted what happens after our death. Maybe I'm simply scared of spending so much time away from everyone I've grown to love on this planet. Maybe I simply have this in THIS life I want to experience before moving onto the next. Regardless, I'll admit it scares me and I'm glad it does. As mentioned by someone else life is defined by the fact that it WILL end. The fear of death makes life more exciting and more enjoyable.I mean, how many of you have been going a "little" too fast in a car, almost lost control, and then felt exhilerated after safely calming the vehicle down? If death wasn't a factor, you simply wouldn't be able to experience such "thrills".Death defins life as much as life defines death.

its defenetly genetic, since hour cause of natural death come from the stopping of our organs, wich occours because the organ cells die because of metabolism, and arent restored by new ones ude to the fact that advanced aging degraddates the extremety links of dna stream, so thats the main cause of aging, something called oxidation !want to leave longer ? dont oxidize your boody, youll even look younger, healtier and have better skin :Ptruly, im not joking, drink green tee, its a great anti-oxidante, also there are some vitamines for that to, overall some day theyll have a way to fixe the dna oxidation and our bodyes will be perfect for a long time, but our brain will never bee ! brain cells dont replicate, wich sucks, so in conditions like you describe, a pure human (by pure i mean geneticly unmodified) would live something around 100 years, and with enough calcium supply maybe he would reach 120, but hes most likely to be brain dead(or severily reduced) by 95+ best,it just like blondes, really hot, really dumm! :Dps: my english sux, sorry :P

Edited by mustra (see edit history)

there is a phenomenon called the hayflick limit; which is considered a limitation of telemoric DNA. Unless you can figure out a way to lengthen this DNA, if one were to 'dodge' every other human malady (including familial derived genetic disorders), then the theoretical limit for a human is around 150. This is a scientific explanation given for a scientific question. I'll ignore the all the other religious mumbo jumbo, where logic is replaced with faith...

Hi guys, well seriously considering i feel that , we r not helping our cause by eating all sort of junk foods around and taking in air which has now become very polluted. The point is that wat will we pass to our generations ahead of us. Will they be able to live in this enviornment. according to a recent study the avg human life has reduced to somewhere near 35 yrs and not only dat it is predicted that we will all have to wear masks and take in oxygen b4 the yr 2020. we need to do something to avoid it . Lets kee our enviornment clean.

A human lives in sterile conditions.(There are no pathogen microorganisms,virus etc.)

This first sentence was all i need to prove that humans will barely live more than a year (maybe shorter) before dying. The reason being that humans and almost all living organisms today require bacteria and even pathogenic microorganisms to survive. Look at E. Coli, there are some pathogenic strains of it, yet it is a useful bacteria for our body. Look at the first bacteria which fused with eukaryotic cells to form the all important mitochondria so as we won't die to the toxic oxygen. It is impossible for us humans to live without these microorganisms. We've adapted to these creatures, and taking it away will prove our doom.

Absolutely agreed. To put in terms of numbers: there are approximately 10 trillion human cells in your body. there are approximately 10 times as many bacteria (100 trillion) on that same body. Concerning this flora, it is estimated that upwards of a 1000 different species make up this population of bacteria in your body. Okay. that's bacteria. Upon sequencing the human genome, one particularly interesting fact that came out was that the genome is littered with remnants of lysogenic viral DNA. That is, we are also teeming with virus. Between viruses and bacteria, human cells are woefully outnumbered. Thus, it forces us to reconsider the word 'I' doesn't it?

This theoretical person would most likely live around 150-250 years.This is considering:-No pathogens that have any negative effect are in existence, including bacteria and viruses-All bacteria that have postive effects are in existence, such as digestive bacteria-No radiation exists-The person is not subjected to such harmful waves as are emitted from televisions and radios-The person's basic needs are all fulfilled without excess (sex, food, water)-The person does not develop any abnormal thinking processes, meaning all common mental neccessities are present, such as companionship, intellectual adversity, etc.The list of conditions for an "unaffected" person could go on and on. Just face it: there is no way on our planet that those conditions can be created.