xisto Community
Citezyne

Art For My Book Stuff that i have done

I must say that using digital art is so much more convenient to use for books, iv been doing a book called the World of Turall and iv done some art for it using various 3D and graphic programs to get the desired that I wanted out of it tell me what you think.

Could digital art be considered art?

going to have to add the link in a bit i dont have a webpage that i can upload the pics to
GRRR

ok sorry it took soooooo long but here is a link to a page that i knocked up over night to host some pics i have have a look tell me what you think!

https://smallbusiness.yahoo.com/

Edited by Citezyne (see edit history)

Could digital art be considered art?

I definitivelay say "yes".If you design nice things, knowing what you do and why it's nice and what makes people love your production, then it's art.
If you simply throw a bunch of colors, it's not art, any mean you use. If you take a pencil and a paper and draw a horrible thing it's not art. If you use a computer and a mouse to create something nice it's art.
In my opinion it's the same problem when writing a text. if you use a pencil and a piece of paper, or if you use a typing machine or a computer, you create something, and whether it's art or bull...it depands on what you created.

I would agree with you about digital art, art is art is art any way you look at it, regardless of whether it was done by a brush on canvas or with a pencil on paper, I believe that art the definition should be a piece of work the incites a felling or emotion to the viewer, if I can create a piece of digital art and someone goes "dam I wish I could be there" or "that is ugly and makes me fell sick" regardless if that is the reaction I wanted form it then its art. Just because it’s on a screen or was made on a screen it doesn’t make it any less of art than the Mona Lisa

i cant say i am a huge fan of what id termed computer art, a bit of a strange name seeing as a photoshopped image in a gallery would be photography. but that does not make is a lesser art form. art is not a definition of format

art Pronunciation Key (ärt)
n.

1. Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature.
1. The conscious production or arrangement of sounds, colors, forms, movements, or other elements in a manner that affects the sense of beauty, specifically the production of the beautiful in a graphic or plastic medium.
2. The study of these activities.
3. The product of these activities; human works of beauty considered as a group.
3. High quality of conception or execution, as found in works of beauty; aesthetic value.
4. A field or category of art, such as music, ballet, or literature.
5. A nonscientific branch of learning; one of the liberal arts.
1. A system of principles and methods employed in the performance of a set of activities: the art of building.
2. A trade or craft that applies such a system of principles and methods: the art of the lexicographer.
1. Skill that is attained by study, practice, or observation: the art of the baker; the blacksmith's art.
2. Skill arising from the exercise of intuitive faculties: Ă¢Self-criticism is an art not many are qualified to practiceĂ¢ (Joyce Carol Oates).
1. arts Artful devices, stratagems, and tricks.
2. Artful contrivance; cunning.
9. Printing. Illustrative material.

that is what dictionary.com has to say. if you think it is art then it is.

Human effort to imitate, supplement, alter, or counteract the work of nature.

I hate this definition, it's really restrictive and far out of real being of art.If I push the button of my camera and take a picture, and show it on a wide screen, I imitate the nature.
When Leonardo da Vinco makes a painting of the smiling of a lady who probably even never existed, this is art.
Art is creation. An artist is a creator, blowing out what he has inside. An artist has to express something, and usually this something does not exist before the artist expresses it. that's why I say art is creation, an artist is a creator.
Some of us, here at Xisto, create some nice pieces of software. They way of working is somehow an art too.
The work of an artist is something you like, or you hate. If it raises no emotion, it's not art, it's useless work (or maybe useful work if somebody is interested).

I totally agree with you yordan its not what you do or how you do it that’s art it how it make others feel or whether it entices an emotion for them or even yourself digital art is like any other art you could argue that two bits of metal welded together in a strange way is art.... yeah but its just two bits of metal there is nothing artistic about it!! ah but what does that strange metal shape make you fell or what ever, that’s art, the dictionary is so straight cut I never like the terms us in dictionaries.

Those were amazing.They can be classed as digital art, as you are at least using some digital art to texture the objects. Whether you paint a scene or render it, you are still making art. I don't necessarily believe that emotion is needed for art. Thoughts are a more concentrated term. When imitating minimalist art, you have more thought on the subject than emotion.

If I push the button of my camera and take a picture, and show it on a wide screen, I imitate the nature.When Leonardo da Vinco makes a painting of the smiling of a lady who probably even never existed, this is art.
Art is creation. An artist is a creator, blowing out what he has inside. An artist has to express something, and usually this something does not exist before the artist expresses it. that's why I say art is creation, an artist is a creator.

I have to disagree with you. My grandfather is an artist, painting with oils, acrilics. But one thing he does the best is bring out emotions through pictures. He has taken some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. And if noone is around to see them, they would never have know. He is creating a small piece of nature, landscaped, whatever, and bringing up emotions in people. Have you ever seen the morning dew on the petal of a rose close up in the sunlight? It's beautiful. That is what my grandfather does. And for that, I consider him an artist.

Right, that is part of the total art. Having an artist viewing is the first thing. An artist has to see the world in a precise way, and has to express what he has seen.The way he sees is part of the artist emotion. The way he expresses is may be the camera, or the pencil, or a typewriter. Henry Miller expressed a lot of things about having a bath by mean of a typewriter, and this is art.So, all of us seem to agree with the fact that art is a way of feeling emotions and being able to express them.Unfortunately, you are an artist if people like what you perform. If you are unhappy, hou will need to wait two hundred years before people discover your productions and feel emoted when seeing them.Even there, a lot of people disagree about what is art and what is not.My son says that the music he ears is pure art.And I personnally feel that it's pure noise.

Well there has been a lot of discussion going on here about 'digital art' being art or not. I am not sure by what definitions I go to define art, but I should say that I consider my work satisfactory even if I do them on canvas or I design them in 3d. Those two things that I indulge in are just that - my works. I do not wish to go by the categorizing them as art or not - as long as I am satisfied by them.

But here, I think I have to appreciate the work done by Citezyne. I mean, from his post, I assume he is working on some book, and also has got a flair for 'art' work that is related to that. I always loved creating numerous stuff that are consistant with each other. I have been involved in creating a world for an forum-rpg, working on a novel based on that world, and also putting effort to create artworks for that world.

Citezyne, I understand where you are heading. I would like to see how all your effort turns out.

ok well now that we have all discussed art and what it is or is not id really like it if you gave me some feed back on my art that i have done for my book some are concept and still in the process others are almost done give me your views id really appreciate it

Hi, Citizene,If your question was "do you like my pictures ?" my answer is : Yes, I had a look at your site, and I really loved the pictures. The pictures are nice, some perspectives effects and lightening effects make me happy, I really like your pictures.Now, the second step : I think a book is concerned. So, we should see see if the emotion we feel is the emotion whe should experience when reading the corresponding text in the book ?This two-stage process is really part of a total multemida art. It's the same problem with some movies or some theater exhibitions, where a nice girl is present : does the story talk about a nice girl and should we watch the girl, or does the story talk about quite an anonymous girl and I should not have watched her ?Anyway, the most important thing is : yes, I like your pictures, yes, I am really impressed. And, oh boy, I am fully jealous, because I know I will never be able to create such nice things.RegardsYordan

thank fo saying that the pics are good and its funny what you said about stage 2 of the book thing as i was talking to a friend of mine that has published a book and he was saying that its all well and good to have nice pics but does the text that goes with the book follow the pic so i was a bit surprised when u said that but thank you for your comments, as for you "never" being able to do that, that’s not fair to your self, I at one point said that to myself and look where i am, its all about perseverance and a few tutorials to get you started, allot of theses pics where done in a 3D program with all the light and calculations made there and then supered onto the background so yeah not much work with rendering but allot to make the objectI used Carrara and Photoshop to do em