xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
iGuest

Need Help With Customizing IPB With Mods A lot of questions that need to be answered.

Hey guys and gals, I just finished installing Invision Power Board v2.1.4 (The same thing that Xisto uses, the forum where this post is found). Now, I need to know how to remove that sick, "Powered By Invision Power Board" which is there in brackets. Its really anoying, you know ;) ! Also is there anyone here who can install these stuff for me on my Invision Power Board, ok not install, help me install! :P i) Shoutbox - I think, I can do this by myself using - Antilost shoutboxii) Recent topics (Lastest Activity) at the bottom - Like the one Astaost uses.iii) A logo which blends into the forum background - Like the one Xisto has, it seems to be transperent and I seem to like everything Xisto has.Out of all the things I have mentioned above, I give more importance to the third stuff - (LOGO).The guy(s) who designed that for Xisto rock. Anyway if you manage to design one for me here is the wordings - Achieve Educational Academy (its the place where I go fot EXTRA knowledge) and here is the caption - "Discussion board for students, ONLY!".Please help me guys, take your own time, untill that I'll try designing it by myself. :P

Hey guys and gals, I just finished installing Invision Power Board v2.1.4 (The same thing that Xisto uses, the forum where this post is found). Now, I need to know how to remove that sick, "Powered By Invision Power Board" which is there in brackets. Its really anoying, you know ;) !

You cannot remove that - even in Licensed copies of IPB. That falls within their basic Terms Of Service. Your board will always show that - unless you pay some extra $100 to Invision to get that removed.

Also is there anyone here who can install these stuff for me on my Invision Power Board, ok not install, help me install! :P i) Shoutbox - I think, I can do this by myself using - Antilost shoutbox
ii) Recent topics (Lastest Activity) at the bottom - Like the one Astaost uses.
iii) A logo which blends into the forum background - Like the one Xisto has, it seems to be transperent and I seem to like everything Xisto has.

All these are separate add-on Modifications - each of which come with detailed instructions on how to incorporate them into your copy of IPB. Most of these called be found at Invisionize.Com. You just need to be a little patient and wade through all that documentation that accompany these mods.. If you do so, installing them is but a mere breeze.. as the instructions provided are extremely accurate.

Ok, that means Xisto paid another $100 just for removing that crap, hello! I think Micro$oft and Invision are cousins. Both know how to extract money out of their end-users. Sheesh, its a very bad way method they have adopted. Cant I just modify some files and remove that *sick* thing from the title?

Ok, that means Xisto paid another $100 just for removing that crap, hello! I think Micro$oft and Invision are cousins. Both know how to extract money out of their end-users. Sheesh, its a very bad way method they have adopted. Cant I just modify some files and remove that *sick* thing from the title?

What are you talking about?? Xisto still says -->

Invision Power Board v2.1.4 Š 2006 IPS, Inc.Licensed to: Xisto Corporation

We never paid IPB to get that info. removed. As for the Licensing info - that can be customized when you download your copy of IPB from their site.. the archive gets auto-generated with any custom licensing info. you provide them.

ganesh: First and foremost what you GOT TO LEARN IS PATIENCE. Multiple posts on the same thing in a row is considered extremely bad manners. Once you've made your post - you WAIT for other members to read and reply..

Two things you SHOULD NOT do if you want to survive here:
1. Keep making one post after the other (flooding) in the same thread.
2. Keep flooding the shoutbox asking others to read your posts.

None of the above actions will ever get you the desired help - it will only serve to piss everyone off. On our forums - PATIENCE is one virtue you got to learn rightaway...

Anyway - I posted back with the shoutbox installation instructions: http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=antilost&e=com