xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Vicious_AD

Starwars Galaxies

So far, the best mmorpg I have ever played. Although some parts don't make sense, like there being so many jedi when at this period (post-obiwan death, pre-vader death) there should only be one jedi. but the graphics are amazing, the gameplay is sweet, and there is lots to do. even put bounties on other players for bounty hunters to take up. Personally, I am an ithorian smuggler named Ckivv. The first part of the game is similliar to runescape's tutorial, once you leave you can never come back, but it's much better because there are at least 50 optional quests on this station you are on that you can do, and you must complete a certain ammount before han solo (you only see him at the beginning, don't worry) takes you off and you start the real game. They don't seem to censor as much ar sunescape, and don't seem to have as many idiots, and it seems to have a better death handler than everquest, and it has way way more to do than most any other mmorpg. I suggest you give it a try. You no longer have to buy the disc, because it's downloadable now, just take a long time. They also have a 10 day free trial going on now. shweet!

I would disagree, and I wish to give your my perspective on why I disagree why SWG is not the best, and I do respect your opinion. I first subscribed to SWG about 2 years ago, wayyy before the the vast amount of changes they had made to the gameplay system. I was playing it first when it was actually still an MMORPG with Lineage 2/World Of Warcraft features. SWG actually I believe started the features that other MMORPGs like world of warcraft are using currently and have been modified.Before when I played I created a character that had a "life" in the Star wars galaxies, but since then the game moved into a combat upgrade phase, where they stripped the user interface with a new one as well as a TOTAL change in the combat system where the whole combat concept no longer was familier to me. From that point on I cancelled my subscription because the game has went down south for me. They then moved toward what the call the "new game enhancements" which I went back and tried, and noticed they even digged a bigger whole that totally lost my interest. It turned further away from a rpg, and more like a 3rd person online action shooter.My final thoughts is that, SWG was sooo much better when they were first made it. You had a lot of customization, and it was a lot of fun, exspecially PvP. If you ever contact the veterans of the game like I was they will probably agree with me that the pre-combat upgrade and pre NGE was a much better SWG than it is now. But if you do enjoy what they are offering, then best of luck and I hope they will not change the whole system on you like they did on me.

I’m going to take a middle line here because i agree with both of you, SWG has gone down hill since the new system came into place, players have gone mad they run around killing everything they see, they grind the NPC's to level there char, I think that SWG is great iv played since the launch of the game and still hold an account till this day, and what I liked then was the RPG aspect of it the idea of creating a history of your char and leveling it, to make your part in the game, now its about killing things, people and space ships, the developers have lost the plot they have gone from what a good RPG is into what a good FPS is, don’t get me wrong they have added some really cool things to the game and i like there new player menu and so on its more friendly as it is but its lost its fell and that’s a big cross in my book.but then again everyone to there own :P

I came into this game after all the changes were made and ive really enjoyed everything that ive seen so far playing into this game. Ive heard a lot of negative feedback from people you have played it from the start I'm just glad I wasnt a part of that group. It always sucks being the companies beta tester. I went through that with EA when I bought Battlefield 2. Back on the topic of SWG though, I have seen some glitches that really at this point should not be there. Things like when I loot a body for 300 credits it tells me I got 12598 credits or something stupid like that. Lots of number glitches like that. Also I am at a point now in the game where I am almost level 40 and I'm lost. I cant find any legacy quests anywhere (legacy quests are the main storyline quests for those who don't know). I'm pretty well just running around killing a bunch of weak bad guys because there is honestly nothing else for me. Ive searched all of the planets and I get slaughtered on most of them. Another thing I found to be sort of retarded is that I am a JEDI I have a LIGHTSABER! a slash ordinary people serveral times and they are still alive and standing. *** is that all about?! and for them to knock me down *** is that? again I am a f***ing jedi ffs. They should be slain like a knife through hot butter when I attack them with my lightsaber.Anyway thats my rant.-reply by -PEves-