xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PocketChange

Which Blog Software Does Everyone Prefer?

I am interested in finding out what blog software people prefer. Personally, I like software that can be customized and generally flexible to make modifications. My first personal blog started using b2evolution. This package appears robust and very flexible. What I really like about it is the ability to modify skins as well as giving people a choice of a skin to view the blog. I wish this blog software though had a little better stats.The next blog is going to be in wordpress.Has anyone had any experience in using wordpress and b2evolution?

i am really a fan of wordpress. it is really useful and i've used it on quite a few sites. it is really easy to use and only takes a little php practice to learn how to create your own themes. i have never had problems or the inablity to do anything i wanted to. i only use it for very basic blogs but it has the capability to do very advanced things with catagories etc.

I'm lazy. I have a LiveJournal account. It's set to friends-only because I mainly use it to keep up with my relatives - and a few friends - who don't live near me.I've heard good things about WordPress, but I can't testify to that one way or another. The advantage to that, of course, being that you can put it directly onto your own Web site instead of having to link from your site to livejournal or Xanga or whatever other blog site you choose.

I use wordpress. It's a part of Fantastico in Cpanel and it's great. It's got a load of plugins and also lots of themes. The user community is also pretty good.

I personally prefer to use Wordpress and think it is one of the best Blog software ever made, but some services like blogspot and live journal are great too. As said above, because of the Themes and Plugins Wordpress has it it is just great. I never had any serious problems with it and sometimes encourage people to use them. :P

I've never really kept a blog for a long period of time, mainly because I usually lose interest after a little while, but I do have my share of blogging experience.

Blogger was always really nice to me (what Google application isn't nice?). It allows you to open and host your own blog for free. It also has an option to upload your blog to an FTP server so you can host it on your own. It generates HTML from a large amount of templates you can choose from, or a template you create on your own. This creates URLs that are friendly to users and search engines (which can also be done with dynamic blogs) and introduces a small speed increase because the pages have to be generated only once (even though that increase is really not noticable nowadays). On the other side, this means that anyone can view your blog (unless you host the blog on your own, and you enable HTTP authentication, though this is a bit complicated), and the smaller downside is that you can't display dynamic information on your blog (like a counter, guestbook, etc...).

Wordpress, as was said above a few times, is a great PHP-based blogging software. If has many useful addons, themes, and a really nice administrative interface. It's really easy to run install, especially on a xAMP distribution like XAMPP (easy to run Apache + MySQL + PHP bundle). I've set up WP on my own computer, just for me, many times because it's far nicer looking, and far easier to handle, than any desktop application I've encountered. If you don't have a hosting solution you can always go to wordpress.com, which is basically the Blogger of WordPress. You can create a free account there and host a WP blog for free. It also has quite a few templates and addons installed.

If you were an expert when it comes to FTPing stuff and dealing with hosting, I would go with WordPress. It is a great software and has a lot of options, plus you can add numerous hacks.On the other hand, if you are just interested in usual blogging, use Blogger. Easy to configure and use, and, if you want it customized, you can always edit a template.I consider myself well-informed, or at least informed enough to be able to use WordPress. However, I have a Blogger account, too. Sometimes I just find it annoying to go into details. That's when I turn to Blogger - it makes life easier