xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
lonebyrd

Besides AVG, What's The Best Free Anti-Virus?

Normally, I have AVG installed on both of my Windows computers. However, AVG started deleting every download from every browser for some unknown reason yesterday so I switched to Avira AntiVir Personal. I don't like it because it interferes with my computing session (the nag screen to buy the higher version/updates) by popping up those windows right in the middle of doing something. I think I might try Avast, or switch back to AVG.Avast, Avira and AVG are all given 5 stars on Download.com, but Avast has 4.5 stars as the user rating, while the other ones have only 4. [http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ also used to have Portable ClamWin AV, it was good and all, but I found it to be useless because I didn't need it so I don't use that on my USB drive any more.

BEST ANTIVIRUS & webbrowserBesides AVG, What's The Best Free Anti-Virus?

CONFUSION ABOUT THE BEST ANTIVIRUS & WEBBROWSER

...According to AFREE.Com & many other websites, AVG is the best free antivirus that gives maximum protection to a PC...And firefox is the best browser...But I have an experience...The experience is:

One day I updated AVG till the message: "no new   update files available" appeared...Then I scanned my whole PC for viruses 3 times in deep & slow scan, with all file ext. Scan settings...It took really long...But AVG did not find any viruses...THEN I uninstalled AVG and installed ESET NOD32 4 ANTI-VIRUS, which I downloaded for free, and scanned my whole computer without updating the antivirus...And it found VIRUS (IT WAS A WIN32 something..) and not only it found virus, the scan speed was awesome even in deep scan mode...And ESET NOD32 doesn't have high CPU usage but AVG slowed down my PC a bit...SO GUYS, I THINK ESET NOD32 4 IS THE BEST FREE ANTIVIRUS

...And about BEST WEBBROWSER...I THINK FIREFOX AND SAFARI ARE ON THE STAGE... I think SAFARI 4 is the best Web Browser with very high speed than any other browsers...Really I have tested FIREFOX (LATEST VERSION) & SAFARI 4.1 ( or any latest ver.) in a constant excact speed & with same websites...AND SAFARI4 PROVED TO BE THE BEST. SO PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO THIS ALSO!

...[[i know that u guys will say ESE NOD32 is a trial version(30 days)...But I think there is a trick by which one can use ESET NOD32 4 for ever...The trick is that just change the date of your computer backwards and restart ( I think most of u know this)]]

-reply by Rabin E. John

avg doesnt have good firewalland it eats up lot of space in your ram for runningso use some othersay avira kaspersky or avast if you have a pro edition then no need of additional firewallsif you have a home edition or free edition go for comodo firewall that comes out for freeand spybot search and destroy if intersted in removing spyware