xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Compuccino

CS:S Slope Surfing Tutorial A tutorial on surfing on Counter Strike Source and various recommendat

Have you ever heard about surfing on CS:S? This tutorial will give you a step-by-step introduction to surfing. :P

Surfing was found out on Half-Life 2 after a glitch was recognised. They found out that if you landed on a slope that was at a certain angle, you could press either D (if you were on the left hand side of the slope) or A (if you were on the right hand side of the slope) and you simply glided across the slope.

To find a surf map on CS:S, write "surf_" in the filter and many maps come up (keep in mind that you have to download them).

The controls are pretty much explained, but there are a few other tips.

!)You may find out that you lose speed whilst on a map. To stop this happening, always point your cursor downwards so that gravity is acting, giving you more speed.

!)NEVER press forward (W).

!)To transfer onto another ramp successfully, keep the direction you were previously holding. If you came off from the right hand side of a ramp, keep on holding A until you go onto the next ramp and as you hit the map, press A or D (mattering on which side of the ramp you are on).

!)Big jumps whilst surfing slow you down, so try to make your air-time as little as possible.

You have to practice many times to get the full hang of this and this can be quite challenging.

Recommended Maps:

surf_10

surf_japan

surf_egypt

Also, you can find many surfing videos on Google Video, which can give you tips.

Thankyou,

Compuccino

Posted Image

I am horrible at Cs:s surfing, I always fall off of the ramps and end up in the jail cell things. I still cant figure out what the point of the game is and why anybody would want to play it. Some of the surf maps are so confusing! There is often hidden doors and phones involved in the maps. (surf_matrix)

SURF mapsCS:S Slope Surfing TutorialMostly I play surf_greaterfix and I cant really do anything. I start at the top and always fall to the bottom. I see people always like jumping into gun areas but I cant get there. I NEED HELP! 

-question by anonymous dude

Although I dont see the Point of Glitches and Think the Makers of the Games should Fix the As and when they Are Reported (most people do not Report Them).After Trying this out I agree with Streettuner that surf_skyworld_double is the Best for Surfing. I dont Partically like surf_egypt that is abit Confusing :mellow: - Andrew