xisto Community
carny gal

AW Stats: Love em! Can't access them :( Love em Cant access them

Hi Guys,

New to hosting here and SO HAPPY especially to see that you have AWStats. Had them at my old host and they are terrific! Can't believe how many features are offered here for FREE hosting :lol:

However, I didn't have to configure my AWSTATS at my old host so I don't know how.

When I try to access the stats, I get the following error message:

Error: Couldn't open config file "awstats.welcometothefair.com.conf" nor "awstats.conf" after searching in path ".,/home/miazom/tmp/awstats/,/etc/opt/awstats,/etc/awstats,/etc,/usr/local/etc/awstats": No such file or directory
- Did you use the correct URL ?
Example: LOCALHOST/awstats/awstats.pl?config=mysite
Example: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
- Did you create your config file 'awstats.welcometothefair.com.conf' ?
If not, you can run "./../../tools/awstats_configure.pl" from command line, or create it manually.

Check config file, permissions and AWStats documentation (in 'docs' directory).

What do I need to do to use this wonderful tool on my site?

Thanks for letting me know about this! These are very detailed statistics.Hmm, I didn't get that message. Are you sure you've registered correctly? Have you put any pages on your server yet? Maybe you just need to wait for some time before the server can update your new account.

Well, it's still the same story with AWStats this morning but maybe I'm jumping the gun. I'll give it a day or so and see if it straightens itself out unless someone has a clue what the error message means.

How are you accessing Awstats? Through your CPanel (Analysis/Log Files | Web/FTP Stats | Awstats?

How long have you been hosted for? Usually Awstats takes upto 48 hours before it can report any stats, if your site hasn't been running for that long, then it could be a possibility.

From that error message, it seems the awstat.conf file was not created, if you want to give it a go creating it, then you need to create a text file called:

awstats.welcometothefair.com.conf

and put it in the directory:

/tmp/awstats

In that file you would want:

LogFile="/usr/local/apache/domlogs/welcometothefair.com"LogFormat=1DNSLookup=0DirData="/home/miazom/tmp/awstats"DirCgi="/tmp/awstats"DirIcons="/images/awstats"SiteDomain="welcometothefair.com"HostAliases="welcometothefair.com http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; favicon.ico$"OnlyFiles=""NotPageList="css js class gif jpg jpeg png bmp"ValidHTTPCodes="200 304"URLWithQuery=0WarningMessages=1NbOfLinesForCorruptedLog=50SplitSearchString=0Expires=0WrapperScript=""LevelForRobotsDetection=1	# 0 will increase AWStats speed by 1%.LevelForBrowsersDetection=1	# 0 disables Browsers detection. No speed gain.LevelForOSDetection=1		# 0 disables OS detection. No speed gain.LevelForRefererAnalyze=1	# 0 will increase AWStats speed by 6%.UseFramesWhenCGI=1MaxRowsInHTMLOutput=1000Lang="en"DirLang="/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/share/awstats/lang"ShowHeader=1				# Show AWStats head title and iconShowMenu=1					# Show menu header with links on detailed reportsShowMonthDayStats=1ShowDaysOfWeekStats=1ShowHoursStats=1ShowDomainsStats=1ShowHostsStats=1ShowAuthenticatedUsers=1ShowRobotsStats=1ShowPagesStats=1ShowCompressionStats=0		# Show report of compression stats when using mod_gzipShowFileTypesStats=1ShowFileSizesStats=0		# Not yet availableShowBrowsersStats=1ShowOSStats=1ShowOriginStats=1ShowKeyphrasesStats=1ShowKeywordsStats=1			# Not yet availableShowHTTPErrorsStats=1MaxNbOfDomain = 25MaxNbOfHostsShown = 25MinHitHost	= 1MaxNbOfLoginShown = 10MinHitLogin   = 1MaxNbOfRobotShown = 25MinHitRobot   = 1MaxNbOfPageShown = 25MinHitFile	= 1MaxNbOfRefererShown = 25MinHitRefer   = 1MaxNbOfKeywordsShown = 25MinHitKeyword  = 1FirstDayOfWeek=1DetailedReportsOnNewWindows=1ShowFlagLinks="en fr de it nl es"ShowLinksOnUrl=1MaxLengthOfURL=72ShowLinksToWhoIs=0LinksToWhoIs="https://www.whois.net/default.aspx   = 260BarHeight  = 180StyleSheet=""color_Background="FFFFFF"		# Background color for main page (Default = "FFFFFF")color_TableBGTitle="CCCCDD"		# Background color for table title (Default = "CCCCDD")color_TableTitle="000000"		# Table title font color (Default = "000000")color_TableBG="CCCCDD"			# Background color for table (Default = "CCCCDD")color_TableRowTitle="FFFFFF"	# Table row title font color (Default = "FFFFFF")color_TableBGRowTitle="ECECEC"	# Background color for row title (Default = "ECECEC")color_TableBorder="ECECEC"		# Table border color (Default = "ECECEC")color_text="000000"				# Color of text (Default = "000000")color_textpercent="606060"		# Color of text for percent values (Default = "606060")color_titletext="000000"		# Color of text title within colored Title Rows (Default = "000000")color_weekend="EAEAEA"			# Color for week-end days (Default = "EAEAEA")color_link="0011BB"				# Color of HTML links (Default = "0011BB")color_hover="605040"			# Color of HTML on-mouseover links (Default = "605040") color_u="FF9933"				# Background color for number of unique visitors (Default = "FF9933")color_v="F3F300"				# Background color for number of visites (Default = "F3F300")color_p="4477DD"				# Background color for number of pages (Default = "4477DD")color_h="66F0FF"				# Background color for number of hits (Default = "66F0FF")color_k="339944"				# Background color for number of bytes (Default = "339944")color_s="8888DD"				# Background color for number of search (Default = "8888DD")LoadPlugin="geoipfree"

You could configure it more if you like, but this is a standard config.

If this is too much, then you can also leave this in the hands of our techs to set it up for you if you like?

Cheers,

MC