xisto Community
PyramidHead777

Fatal Frame

Do you like mind-disturbing games? the ones that you're frightned to play? then this game series is for you, Fatal Frame series has a very original gameplay. in Fatal Frame I you play as Miku Hinasaki who's looking for her missing brother in a Mansion. She discovers a Camera that is capable of capturing the spirits, that camera is called The Camera Obscura. In Fatal Frame II, the twin sisters Mio & Mayu Amakura enter in the lost village, a doomed village in that the night last for eternity, Mayu it's somewhat possessed by a priestess that didn't acomplished the ritual that got the village into darkness, yo have to play as Mio to rescue her and get out of the village. In Fatal Frame III, Rei Kurosawa enters into the Manor of Sleep, which is a manor where spirits call the living. Along with Miku Hinasaki who returns as her assistant & Kei Amakura (uncle of Mio & Mayu), Rei enters to the darkest places of the manor to look for her dead fiance Yuu.Basically, is the same gameplay in the three games, defeat spirits with the camera obscura and unveil the mystery of the place where the stoy takes place. It's a scary game, the scariest I've played so far, not for not sleep but it's scary, or it's that I'm so used to horror games? Well, the decission is up to you.

Now is it scary as in "pop out in your face" scary, "creepy environment noises and dark overtones" scary, or "bloody corpses and gore thrown in bucketloads" scary?Basically comparing something like the old House of the Dead, to System Shock 2 and Doom III or even Silent Hill.... how would Fatal Frame fit in the genre of "scary?"

I had the luck to play this game once, and it is truely amazing. Herbert, I'd say it's "creepy environment noises and dark overtones" scary! '=) The game looks so perfect, the sound is so awesome, and the control trembles gently in your hands if there's a strange presence in the part of the game you're in... ;-)

I've been so curious about this game for a long time now, but never did go out and buy it to try it out. Nice to see that someone agreed it's a good, scary game. I've heard that about it before, and that's what peaked my interest in it in the first place. Nice to see it mentioned again, and I think I might just have to go out and get it now. : )