xisto Community
whyme

Search! Please Look In This Forum And Check That another one has not been made

I thought this was neccasary because we have had multiple times of this occuring.Or else, we will have repeating tutorials and it will be completely pointless, not only that, you will also lose HOSTING credits, if we end up deleting your tutorial if there is already one on it!

One of the many problems that arises from this...if it's HTML, and people are going over <b> tags over, and over, and over again, it completely loses the point of a tutorial. Tutorials need to be new, so people can actaully learn. So, to answer your question, if someone has already taught about <b> tags, you can talk about other things that they haven't talked about, like <div>, or <i>, or <font>. If it's CSS, just look for the areas that they haven't convered, this way, we'll be able to have a lareger variety of tutorials, instead of repetivitve ones.

I would be glad if the tutorials were divided on some moderator-defined categories, and links provided for the same. Any additional information on a category could come up as sub-cats.

I am beginning to see more and more of same discussion with different topic titles. Either start using the correctly related topic title or read before posting. Administrators and moderators will start issuing warnings and even ban members from posting for few days to give time to reflect.

Since there are a lot of topics from 2005 and other years in the past it is a bit hard to watch all the topics to see if there is a post about the same subject that crossed the mind in 2010. The information from 2005 is not that interesting most of the time. So it is not usefull to search the complete forum to see if there was a topic about almost the same topic like 5 years ago.