xisto Community
AdityaKar

Good News For Google Earth Users In India!

Hey did anyone notice? In the last Google Earth database update 10+ Indian cities have been added to high resolution!! Which means if you live in one of those cities you have a great time checking out your neighborhood from 700 miles above! :lol: Also I noticed my Home in Delhi has got an even higher resolution! And generally the images are brighter and definitely newer! Enjoy Google Earth!Cities upgraded: chandigarh, bhopal, Indore, Ahmedabad, Vadodara, near Surat, near Nasik, Bhavnagar, a bit of Kolkata, and many patches in Gujarat.There are more, I haven't seen all. Anyways if your city is not in high-res don't worry, coz even smaller towns have got a better resolution now!Another significant change is that the global resolution i.e images for other parts of the world are now improved to 15 metres per pixel. Earlier it was 1Km/pixel. Which means even if your city is not in high-res you can still see buildings and all.Man I need to buy a faster internet connection now! :lol:

That's cool indeed :lol: Earlier on I could faintly make out Calcutta and a couple of neighbouring places - zooming closer would simply take you to this fuzzy dark patch making it seems that Cal is always shrouded in the dark blanket of night.Now at least I can zoom down to about 5.12km but that's quite a pathetic figure compared to the other cities like Delhi & Bombay - where you can go as close as 500m and get a clear view. Anyway - one shouldn't grumble much about free stuff :)The future generations now don't have any excuse of being weak in world geography. :lol:

Google needs to hurry up and upload new maps for my Mom and Dad's area (rural Texas). Mom made me download and run Google Earth just so she could find out if one can see our neighbors's meth labs from overhead. Too bad it's all just a blurry mess right now. *grins*

What about Bangladesh? Gotta see my uncle's home in Dhaka!I think it's awesome that they're expanding the high-resolution areas. Now it's really "Google Earth"!

Google Earth .. Google Earth .. Google Earth !! .. give google a break guys :D .. i kinda hate the extra space fillup on my HDD .. so i settle in with wikimapia .. hehe .. but god damn ! bombay was not shown atleast 2 weeks b4 .. but kerala was freegin clear .. wonder how many mallus are there in google :unsure:

>>LINK<<

Regards

Dhanesh.