xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CoLDFuSioN1405241519

Wireless Networking: Recommended MTU Setting ?

It should have a setting somewhere in its configuration settings page.As for the xbox, you usually need a crossover cable that will plug straight into the router. You will need to open the router's intranet and look for the ddns entries or the devices connected to the router.Find the ip address of the newly connected xbox, then you are ready to do what you need to do with it connected to your computer.But i have no idea how to wirelessly network them. You might want to check the xbox's instruction manual or check the routers instruction manual.~HellFire

To adjust the MTU on most linksys routers/acces points visit the devices web based configuration page. It defaults to an Ip of 192.168.1.1 with no username and a password of admin. The actual setting is probably in the advanced options.Not all wireless adapter let you manipulate that setting by default. A hacked firmware may be needed for some linksys stuff.You don't need a crossover cable to connect an Xbox 360 unless you are connecting it directly to a PC's ethernet port. Its really pretty painless to get everything setup via a standard patch cable to the router if you ar in an environement that would allow you to run cable (unfished basement, drop ceiling, etc)The value you need to set to for your xbox 360 is 1364 btw.

Does anyone know how to change the mtu setting I need it for the xbox live but I am with orange and have an icon225 which is a wireless usb modem,Xbox support said to ring orange and tell them to change it,But they said they could not.Can I not use xbox live ! ?Myu setting has to b 1364-reply by Blake Mitchell

Mtu SettingWireless Networking: Recommended MTU Setting ?

Do I need to change my mtu setting, if I use a wireless adapter?

-question by Jonathan