xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainRon

Programmerassist.com A future rival to Experts-Exchange.com

Following the open source model, ProgrammerAssist.com strives on the free world concept. Absolutely simplistic website, no graphics for the matter of fact, and most of the features you require to have in a Question-Answer system.Register a free account and get started right on asking/answering questions. It's a very new website as of now. I got my .htaccess problem answered over there.I think people should check out the fine website, and also get registered there. Had a talk with the owner, Srirangan (a staunch open sourcist), he says its just an ongoing effort to create a free rival to the paid website Experts-Exchange.com Although there are very few participants as of yet, but we can together make it a success.

Seems like it could theoretically become a pretty interesting place. I know I hit links off search engines to expert-exchange all the f*%$ing time only to realize they have the EXACT problem I am having, but the answer is hidden behind a paid registration :lol: If this actually takes off it could be really awesome.

Cool - anything to rival Experts-exchange and I'm up for it. Jeigh: You can bypass the paid registration barrier of experts exchange if you join up and start answering a few questions there. So did I - and within a month I gathered some 9000 points and moved up in rank to somewhere around the 6000 mark. When you join, you'd be right at the bottom, well under 20K mark. Anyway, the point is that now even if I don't answer any further, I can still see all their solutions.