xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dhanesh1405241511

How To Make A CS 1.6 Map ?

Program for Making CS 1.6 Map

How To Make A CS 1.6 Map ?

Visit this site. It's got a bunch of great beginner tips. It also has a direct link to download the Valve Hammer Editor v3.4 and the compiler ZHLT. This is where I got started making maps. Just follow his tutorials and you'll be set in no time. -- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

-reply by gumbee

How To Make A CS 1.6 Map ?How To Make A CS 1.6 Map ?The best tip I can give is to just go out there and do it. Don't try to replicate other maps, don't try to make advanced stuff early.

Just go and make a room, add a light, and then a spawn. Then make 2 rooms. Then 3. Then add an outside. Then add some detail to the rooms. Then close everything off. Then start all over again. Make a couple test / small maps, and you will learn more and more. You should just use tutorials to make stuff that you don't have any idea about. Don't just go straight to tutorials about mapping, try it out yourself first.

And, one thing. All of your first maps will probably ****, so don't get sad or angry at someone if they your map is bad. Make a couple maps, they will improve as you go on.
-reply by Kron

CS level editorHow To Make A CS 1.6 Map ?

U can download valve hammer editor. It is a great level editor for CS and CS source. Search on google for valve hammer. There is also a lot of tutorials for it and there is no programing neaded. Only place a few blocks and a player start or two, and u are ready to go.

I myself are still learning the program's abilitys(sorry for spelling) and is still new to it myself.

I will try to check in again later, maybe with good news.

Revolt

CS level editorHow To Make A CS 1.6 Map ?

I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that I found out I have a newer version than Counter strike source.

The bad news is that I just can't find a tutorial to create a level for this counter strike as I found that valve hammer editor does not create a .Nav file, and the game says my .Bsp file is invalid.Why this is I don't know.

I will keep trying./txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley4.Gif/txtmngr/images/smileys/smiley5.Gif

-reply by Revolt

i agreeHow To Make A CS 1.6 Map ?

I'm very agree with iGuest !!start with "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/; and make your own map. Start with easy map then with the complicated one. From the first try till complicated map that you can be designed, don't READ ANY TUTORIAL out there till you know basic hammer editor. Coz it makes you confuse yet. After you have many knowledge, search some idea from internet, and you can raise your skill fast.Believe me..

-reply by maze

starting problemHow To Make A CS 1.6 Map ?

I have problem with starting map! anyone can help me? when I press F9, then comes errors! HELP! read this error:** Executing ...** Command: Copy File** Parameters: "C: Documents and Settings Owner Desktop Game Stuff pb_new_war.Map" "C: Program Files Counter-Strike 1.6 Non-Steam cstrike maps pb_new_war.Map"** Executing ...** Command: c: progra ~ 1 VALVEH ~ 1 tools hlcsg.Exe** Parameters: "C: Program Files Counter-Strike 1.6 Non-Steam cstrike maps pb_new_war"* Could not execute the command: C: progra ~ 1 VALVEH ~ 1 tools hlcsg.Exe "C: Program Files Counter-Strike 1.6 Non-Steam cstrike maps pb_new_war"* Gave the Windows error message: "Access is denied."** Executing ...** Command: c: progra ~ 1 VALVEH ~ 1 tools hlbsp.Exe** Parameters: "C: Program Files Counter-Strike 1.6 Non-Steam cstrike maps pb_new_war"* Could not execute the command: C: progra ~ 1 VALVEH ~ 1 tools hlbsp.Exe "C: Program Files Counter-Strike 1.6 Non-Steam cstrike maps pb_new_war"* Gave the Windows error message: "Access is denied."** Executing ...** Command: c: progra ~ 1 VALVEH ~ 1 tools hlvis.Exe** Parameters: "C: Program Files Counter-Strike 1.6 Non-Steam cstrike maps pb_new_war"* Could not execute the command: C: progra ~ 1 VALVEH ~ 1 tools hlvis.Exe "C: Program Files Counter-Strike 1.6 Non-Steam cstrike maps pb_new_war"* Gave the Windows error message: "Access is denied."** Executing ...** Command: c: progra ~ 1 VALVEH ~ 1 tools hlrad.Exe** Parameters: "C: Program Files Counter-Strike 1.6 Non-Steam cstrike maps pb_new_war"* Could not execute the command: C: progra ~ 1 VALVEH ~ 1 tools hlrad.Exe "C: Program Files Counter-Strike 1.6 Non-Steam cstrike maps pb_new_war"* Gave the Windows error message: "Access is denied."

-reply by juho

I KNOW A WEBSITE!!!!How To Make A CS 1.6 Map ?

Replying to dhaneshThis is the most simple and easy website to make a map on!! Heres a link: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ really good [you can choose wall textures put down various items,weapons and crates. Spawns, buying areas, Bomb points] EVERYTHING YOU NEED!!

-reply by Stat1k

dude i don't get what your saying well anyways u wanna make a map on cs 1.6 right? well so what you do right go on YouTube yeah and and type 'how to make a map on cs.16' or something like that and like there should be a link in comments or some were to download map maker yeah and you download it and that's it.hopefully it will work cause that's what i did if it don't work not my fault :unsure: by the way am not a nerd ;) and if you think i am, am not so shut up! or i kick your face off! jokes but am not a nerd well anyway back to the point so yeah i hope this helps you and by the way i would like a comment back (it would be very nice of you) i know half of this stuff i wrote don't make sense and stuff and some of it is weird but yea and by the way yes i would like a comment back ;) well i hope you liked my weird/helpful comments bye :P