xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Nehm4

Gimp: Free Image Editing/Making Program Free Image Editing/Making Program

Did you ever hear of GIMP. mspaint is a squashed flee when this great hippo came in.

It's packed full of features.

Besides the simple common tools such as shrinking, cropping, filling, drawing.....This thing comes with gradients from the color to another color, or color to transparent, or a whole big list of random ones.

It comes with all kinds of rendering stuff.

It makes waves, engravings, carvings, stone look, magnifyed warped pic changer, clouds...It comes with Script X-fu...IT'S FREE! It's great! There are the simple tools on the side window...and there are so many tools.

The main window pops up in a different window than the picture so you can move it anywhere.

Download it now.

I've used it for a couple years now...and I can say that it's really great.

.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.

https://www.gimp.org/downloads/

.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.;.

I made these from scratch with it:

Weave

Sparkles

Wierd

Old book with ripple

Download it. You won't be let down.

Oh, and the "real" Mars. CLICK HERE

Heh, if men are really from mars, we must be cool. :lol:

Hello there...

Well, people have been talking about GIMP for ages now, so I wouldn't think that another thread about it would be necessary, unless it was perhaps a guide or a tutorial. But thank you, regardless :lol:.

I took a look at the images you posted, and I think most of them are pretty ordinary. Nothing new here. I liked the rippled book one, but I think the ripple went beyond the boundaries of the book into the background, almost nullifying the intended effect. If you could fix that problem, I think it'd be a nice image, though.

Good luck, and thanks :lol:

Wow! I had no idea. Absolutely. Is there any better free program out there that anyone knows of?

Heh. I will try to change that picture up. Thanks.

I have created more complex pictures with it. Like the ones HERE.
Thanks again. I try to improve with every pic. But I make a lot of layouts...and I really like taking shots with the camera. So I don't make all that many complex ones..............

-Josh

Hey Josh :lol:...

Actually, I don't think there's a better free piece of software than GIMP. At least, I've never heard of it.

Hey, good luck with your image-editing. You're right, you will learn more and more with each new image. It's all about experimenting, really :lol:.

By the way, I took a look at your blog-type Website. I liked it. Perhaps it could use some other colour scheme, but still, I thought it was pretty friendly and nice. But I couldn't find any pictures, though. Perhaps I missed them.

Anyway, thank man :).

The 10th topic on the GIMP am closing this thread.