xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Samya

Specialized PHP Software

My Question is a little bit different :o

I have gone through all the topics and came across many PHP Editors ..

Howevers, all of these are mainly more or less like Notepad, except for the fact that they have Highlighted Syntax, or we can add a Command by Clicking, and some also provides Debugging :o

However, is there any software which have some Pre Defined Scripts, which we can customize in a Wizard like medium and than get the Generated PHP File ...

I mean that Software can have some Scripts which are typically used for the Personal Websites ...

Some of these may include :

Web Poll

Search Engine

Guestbook

Site Counter

Live Counter - Users online

Detailed Statistics

Shoutbox / Tagboard etc

Blogs

Rating System

What else can a Personal Website contain ???

Many of u will refer me to Script sites such as Hot Scripts [dot] com

I know of that already, but believe me I find one in a ten Script which is working Properly. And yet they are totally customizable.

I mean those are made as Developer wanted to make it ....

What if, we have a software which will run in a Wizard mode ....

e.g. Incase of Shoutbox :

1) Do u want a MySQL-Based or Text-based Database .....

2) Number of Posts to be shown on Shoutbox

3) Select a Design

4) blah blah

5) blah blah

. . . . . .

. . . . . .

. . . . . .

17) Here is ur Shout box ...

;)

I have written such a long question ...... I hope that u people have understood my question :P

Waiting for the replies :P

The closest you can come to what all you have defined that I can see is a conetent management system or CMS. PHP-Nuke, Joomla, XOOPS etcetera can be found by googiling CMS (open source) PHP is simply a scripting language that can be used for web development and editors do not by nature provide predefined setup of all that you have specified so I would look at just the existing CMS systems that are freely available and learn from them. Highlighing is good for debugging nto for designing or seeig potential problems while writing the code but not much else.This might not answer your question but what you are looking for is a very specialized IDE, and I doubt you will find it unless you build it yourself.

The closest you can come to what all you have defined that I can see is a conetent management system or CMS. PHP-Nuke, Joomla, XOOPS etcetera can be found by googiling CMS (open source)

I know that Content Management Systems do have these features, but CMS are way different..

I mean, CMS is itself a complete website and all u have to do is to create Scripts embedded within them ...

We cannot use them to create separate Scripts which can be used separately in other website :o

I found these two SOFTWAREs yesterday ....

Although they are not exactly the same things which I need, but they do resemble that ....

I had a Php/MySQL based Shoutbox, and I needed to create an Admin area where I can Edit/ Delete / Update the Shouts, their Details, IP Address, Time, Name etc ..

I know it can be done by phpmyadmin but that is too Hectic.

So I came across this Program named : PHP Edit ...

I used it to create exactly the same thing ...

This software created a Script, with which I directly log in to my admin.php and edit the details from MySQL :P

Is this Kinda Software available for Web Polls, Counters etc :o

**** All Appreciations and Criticisms are welcome ****

Regards:

Samya Khalid

Have you tried dreamweaver? I noticed it has a login script. I would imagine that you could just download these as well, from hotscripts or somewhere. HTMLKit has some built in snippets, but I don't know how complex they can get. I would recommend looking into dreamweaver first if you have access to it.

most php codes are coded personally with personal touch, so it will always fit the programmer but maybe not other programmers nor website owners.maybe you can grab codes from other people, you should modify it if you want to make it fits with your needs.the wizards you demanded above can be a difficult work (and wasting time too). Programmers will start building core functions first and then the whole system. And if they have enough time and moods, they will build an installation wizards too (but maybe it still won't satisfy you :rolleyes:)