xisto Community
shiv

To Hide Your Source Code all you need to know to hide your source code..

All of this is just a minor to major inconvenientance. If I want your source code then I will get it. Whether it is a minor or major problem depends on the type of encoding you use. The problem is that a web browser still needs to decode the code to produce something useful. If a web browser can decode, I can also. This means that you shouldn’t put anything on the Internet that you don’t want everyone to see. In some cases adding this encoding can call attention to yourself and make you a bigger target. Why would someone go through the trouble of adding this extra security if it weren’t valuable.A side problem to this technique is that it is closely related to malware. The bad guys don’t put their exploit code in the clear so anyone can casually see it, they use many of the exact methods described here to hide their work (or some might say destruction). If I were to review a page that has encoding like this, the first thing that pops into my head is what are they trying to get into my system? Even if you weren’t up to something evil, my opinion of your site dropped and I would most likely never come back.The benefits to open or closed systems have been debated for a long time now. I personally fall on the open side of the discussion. I would like to hear some good uses for encoding your source code.

HiA better way to do this is put you html in a php file.
This way no body will be able to see your code.
Bye

I don't think you quite understand PHP bobbybeeelan.

For PHP to display pages to web browsers, it needs to be able to send the browser the information that they can understand.

This information that is sent so the browser can read it, is the source code and usually is output in HTML, the only thing PHP is hiding is the method it uses to do this. Anything sent to the browser can be seen, it's impossible to hide the source if it's to be seen by a web browser.

You can however make it harder for someone to gain your source code, but there should be no need. I don't think those who find this technique of obfuscating their HTML any good at actually writing HTML that would be worthy of keeping secret. You'll just add the extra slow down of having your client decoding it and the wasted bandwidth for an overly larger file now.

Cheers,

MC