xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
extremehardware

Aoe Iii

I know this may seem like a gaming topic, but to me, it is more importantly a technology topic. Look at the screenshots of Age of Empires III here:

http://www.ensemblestudios.com/

It is amazing. Better graphics than any game I have seen, may it be WoW or HL2, this game looks like it's going to own them all. But I'm sure the hardware requirement will also be incredibly high.

extremehardware, please specify exactly how a thread about Ages of Empire III categorized as game or gaming. One short sentence about the hardware requirements does not classify AoE III as technology. There is the Gaming Consoles forum here at Xisto, why isn't that in the technology/hardware forum? It relates more to technology/hardware than AoE III does.

Well Theres an Upside and a downside------Upside> The upside is that the graphics are AMAZING!!!------Downside> microsoft has the msn gaming zone where they let you play the games online, the big thing is because of the good graphics the game will most likely lag terribly because alomost everyone who plays on the msn zone uses dial-up =P

Wow.. I can't wait to have a go at it....The graphics are too good.... It says that it would start shipping in the second half of 2005... I wonder what would be the minimum h/w configuration requirement for this.....?? Any ideas?Cheers.

Damn thoes graphics look amazing...Age of Empires 1 and 2 were amazing games, and I would have to suspect 3 will be even better. Then, with the addition of thoes amazing graphics, Age of Empires: III looks like it could be the best RTS out there. I will have to wait and see, but I am definently giving that a try once it comes out :).

Those surely are some amazing grapics, but unfortunatelly they will leave out a huge chunk of players out because of the high system requeriments needed.

1) there is already 2 threads for AOE3 in the gammign section.2) YEH, the graphcis look amazing! and the physics are goign to be amazing aswell. This is the future benchmark game for the rts genre.The gameplay will msot likely be quality aswell. I have total faith in this title, as ensemble never produce a poor game.It might runa bit crappy on the net, but it mite not. depends how well they have done the net code.I think tis good that they are raising the bar for the RTS genre. The only real thign separating new RTS games is the theme.