xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Laos1405241519

Going To Mars An idea to get there in 100 years

Going to mars wont be possible for over 100 yearsif we want to live without air suits that iswe'll need to prepare a habitat, Sorta like a restoration project, where we import Plants, and animals as we increase oxygen levels ( the planet is Carbon Dioxide in most of the air, PLants take that in, out comes oxygen) but decades just to get the decent number plants to take the oxygen and take and replace it, along with enough plants to sustain it,Of course before that we would need 100's of satalites to take the suns energy and A. melt the icecapsB. warm certian locations time to time to make it life-ableand C. Open a Base so we can access the plant locations and make sure everything goes wellD. make sure the land is lifeableAfter that we wouldA. need to get Bugs onto the planet to start the fertilizationB. Control the bug populationand moving on and on almost like making a second Earth until we finally can put humans on there.Over 100 Years,it aint what Bush said, for regular people on Mars.

It's possible to live on Mars without a space suit: Just live inside the spaceship that has landed on Mars. You don't need a suit inside the spaceship. :oWe don't need plants and animals to live on Mars. We just need a dome/building to keep the carbon dioxide out and those satellites you mentioned to get solar power. We can ge the oxygen in the carbon dioxide on our own, with chemistry. It just wouldn't be very efficient. It wouldn't have to take 100 years to do all that.We can live inside the dome/building while scientists work on the outside environment and atmosphere. When they are done with turning Mars into an Earth-like planet, humans can start moving out of the dome and populating the rest of Mars.

Yeah a dome of some sort would be very nice, and maybe add a little green house and sorts and you got yourself a crazy world to live in ! I'd love to do that one day once I'm rich and all that >_> Yeah.. rich.. hehThough, what are the chances of people moving to Mars just to live there anyways? I always thought it was too 'dead' to live in without more life around than the dome you might live in... Great planet just wasted :/

That would really be a huge project. Imagina how long it would tako to build a single dome for let's say 100 people! Even if it is possible (now or in a few decades) we would have trouble bringing the material. The space ships would have to go to Mars every day and bring expensive materials. Furthermore, the flight would also be very expensive. Not to mention how many people they would need. And it's dangerous, too.I think will have to wait for this until we construct some sort of a robot that we will be able to control from Earth, while he (or she) is doing all the work on Mars. But I think Earth will live long enough for me to live happily and die in the end :o

a couple of points to add to this conversation. [did just write loads of stuff but timed out connection and quit tab - oops]* going to mars takes very many years.* humans are designed for earth and when they spend a long time in space it deamages their bodies, their organs and their muscles.* mars is very cold, but scientists think that with the right nutrients and in the right place some of the very tough arctic grasses that grow in the tundra might be able to grow normally.

Well here is what I think will work to do a mars terraformation. First off we will have to wait till we have a viable moonbase and space station. The reason for that is any ship big enough to make that trip with equipment (if robot based) or with equipment and human passangers.As for the enviromental part, the only way to really do a job like that would intale a planet base or a space station in orbit of the planet due to the amount of time it takes for a radio signal to travel from, then back to, mars. Another thing is the amount of time it takes to travel to, or from, the red planet. A single round trip is 1 year, if you just go and come back. Its a six month trip there.Now if a human crew was going to be sent they would have to commit to at least 2 years away from earth, from my speculation. That would allow them the time nessacary to travel there, work for a year, then come back. From my point of view that would probably mean they would have to be single.As for the technology to be able to survive on the red planet? Well I'm pretty sure we have it, we can build air-tight enclosures here on earth, we have already had many people build "biodomes" to show that the technology works and to show what polution has done, and can do, to ecosystems. We have, as a planet, had a space station that worked for many years.We have the technology, for the most part, I'm personally thinking that it is just that no one government wants to foot the bill for this great experiment, and no one company can either. For humanity to truely reach for the stars and leave our mother earth...it will have to be a truely global undertaking, and global commitment.