xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zitrix2

MSN Search In 2 Years MSN Search in 2 years

i personally doubt that very much. google is painly much better. msn search has had it's time. here in england i dont atually know anyone who uses anything other than google search.

what source is that from?

I laugh at that M$ couldn't design a good search engine if they tried. Also I never use it anyways been a yahoo guy myself with google being second when looking for something.

Heh this could actually be true, because Microsoft will do it the only way they know how....why create when you can re-create (also known as ripping, stealing, plagiarism and good old borrowing ) then sue the creators anyway just because you can for full rights, and away we go,MSN Search overtakes Google in Two Years time.It the same as - Have you ever seen :"Psychic wins Lottery" - isnt going to happen without a load of bs.

I remember a movie "The Island" there was a scene where this female had to search for a person .. she goes into a telephone booth like structure and there we see MSN search in a completely innovative form. I dont know if this could be applied in the near future, but well it was good to see SUMTHING that was innovative about microsoft ( no m not taking sides , its just good to see the kids catching up with the monster search google :o )RegardsDhanesh.

I remember a movie "The Island" there was a scene where this female had to search for a person .. she goes into a telephone booth like structure and there we see MSN search in a completely innovative form.

Yeah, I watched that movie some time ago and was annoyed because of the way Microsoft wants to make MSN search more popular.

Anyhow, isn't it much better to type https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl instead of search.msn.com? Also, Google is better because it is a comany mostly focusing on searching, whereas MSN has so many other things. Till yesterday I didn't even know how MSN Search looks. Why? Because it is not so popular and is hard to find. People would expect http://www.msn.com/de-de?rd=1&ucc=DE&dcc=DE&opt=0 for MSN Search because https://www.google.de/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=BwkjVKfAD8uH8QfckIGgCQ&gws_rd=ssl is for Google Search :o

But now you want msn to be innovative without copying google, but you are saying they should be msn.com BECAUSE google uses google.com for their search :o I agree with the statement, I just don't see how any company could innovate search THAT much. I mean... it's searching.. you..SEARCH for stuff... the fundamentals are going to be the same regardless. If MSN manages to make it faster (not that you would notice much...), more relevant responses, etc then it could possibly take it over. Also if they gave it an awesome interface and hardcore advertised it, thats another way they could achieve this. ALl that having been said, I still think google will be near impossible to bring down, especially in a mere 2 years.

Well, if MS wants it can overtake Google in matter of months :o)it can simply create a trojan in its backyard and launch it to exploit one of the security holes in their OS that they saved just for this time, and bind Internet Explorer to search on ONLY MSN and simply deny opening Google...(a simple entry in the hosts file would render Google unreachable from any application)well seriously speaking, i suppose from a web site owner's point of view MSN search crawls website faster than Google... Google's got a big name so now it's head's stuck up in the air. I had my website's each and every page indexed on MSN in matter of few days. Google is toooo choosy about taking my website in. Now that sucks...I say, if not overtake, i want it to give a strong challenge to Google... I hate monopoly! Be it OS monopoly by MS or Web sphere monopoly by Google... it has to come to an end. There must be atleast two options to choose from

well seriously speaking, i suppose from a web site owner's point of view MSN search crawls website faster than Google... Google's got a big name so now it's head's stuck up in the air. I had my website's each and every page indexed on MSN in matter of few days. Google is toooo choosy about taking my website in. Now that sucks...

True, true. I thought that was surprising too. I got my site indexed in MSN a lot faster than Google. I even submitted my site to Google, but it still took quite a few months for Google to index it.

I agree with your last point too. There must be some kind of competition. Competition always forces corporations to make their services better. It's just like how browser wars are spouting up again, so Microsoft has finally decided to release IE 7. Without competition from Firefox, MS would never have improved. Likewise, without competition, Google wouldn't bother to improve.

Personally, though, I think compeition for Google is more likely to come from Yahoo than MSN. Yahoo currently turns up a lot of similar, (and relevant) results like Google does. MSN doesn't have quite as many relevant results. Moreover, both MSN and Yahoo lack one thing Google has--simplicity. If either of them wish to take over search from Google, they're going to have to simplify their search engines. People aren't interested in horoscopes or movies when what they want is to search! Advertising doesn't really do much good either.

Anyway, it's very likely that neither MSN nor Yahoo will manage it, and some other little company that comes along will break Google's monopoly. :unsure:

i HATE google. i don't like the results that i recieve after searching, msn has much better selections and it is so much easier in some ways.i think i am the only one who probaly doesn't use google. i will use it if nothing at all come up on msn but that rarely happens.but everyone has their own thoughts. :ph34r:

Well like the browser wars that current going with MS, FF, Opera the search engines wars have been going on longer since the days of AOL. But I would say hte reason it takes google longer to index is that they are looking for content and links through use of keywords, while MSN just uses keywords. But I assuming since I don't know the inner workings of hte search engines ad most likely those are closely guarded secrets as to how it's actually done.

msn could take over google if they compare their results with google and then see what is the difference. the new live search is well presented with fantastic graphics but google is simple but give fantastic results. microsoft has to overcome this problem. i think personally think that if google and msn collaborate, they will make fantastic search engine with well graphics and give reliable and desired results :P

Meany says that MSN Search will take over google in 2 years what do you all here think?

I personally think that Google will stay the number one fansite. Simply because everyone uses it & I dont think they will change!

I am starting to think it will be taken over. Look at all the people that use ''@hotmail.com" e-mail adresses if they all started using MSN google would be gorne!