xisto Community
dhanesh1405241511

Ideas For A Website ..

Actually the gallery is there too .. just need to optimize and put up some reduced sized pics .. maybe i'll just put up my sky and cloud collection pictures up there :( .. thankx for the input and reminding me about the gallery yordan i almost f'got i had that installed ...RegardsDhanesh.

Wow, your WordPress theme is really cool! I really think you should write a bit more corrent English (normal capitalization, sentencing, punctuating and grammar) so as to make the site more visually appealing. Right now the "messy" language really degrades the aesthetic value of your site, and that is a bummer because the theme is definately awesome!

Oook :( Seec77 .. u mean the way i type .. like use short forms and slangs ? Yeah i know i had been warned once by a mod , so thats gone a little less since then.But i WILL take your advise, and correct myself :( ThanksRegardsDhanesh.

Oh boy! Can we install a blog software in our Xisto account? Oh my! I have been using a free host all this while. How do we go about that, Dhanesh?And I started of my blog intending on publishing quality articles, putting Adsense code there, and then earning something out of it.I would say, you can start some thing like that.Try to first focus on some ideas or a handful of topics that you like. Categorize them properly as you post regularly in those topics (tagging). And then, present them to target audiences depending on the tags, and seperately.

I'm with the very same problem: Got a host, got the knowledge, but missing the MAIN PURPOSE! What the heck will I code? Maybe I should host a web-site for lyrics, or maybe a "random image upload" site (you gotta need luck to uplaod an image, then others may rank it), well... don't know well. I were about to code a Java Soulseek client, but the protocol unofficial documentation is missing. If someone happens to have it (that one the SoleSeek writed), please, mail me ok?

Oh boy! Can we install a blog software in our Xisto account? Oh my! I have been using a free host all this while. How do we go about that, Dhanesh?

Asta gives you the option of PHP and MySQL when you apply for a hosting. And WordPress 2.0.3 also asks for the same Specs.

Just d'load a copy of WordPress from >> HERE << and unzip to your desktop .. open the html readme file in the folder and go according to their instructions (which are pretty simple for a newbie also). And once ur blog is set up then you go searching for templates and tweaks etc .. and play around with ur site a little .. wen ur shure that u are able to do everything u need and ur all hand on with the controls of WordPress, i'd suggest you to remove ur installation and re-install it completely .. and apply the hacks and tweaks once again ... and finally BACKUP your site.

Hope this little info helps.

Regards

Dhanesh.

Got a host, got the knowledge, but missing the MAIN PURPOSE!

Lucky people ! I need some giga for all the things I want to show, and I only have some megs at asta ! Those who could don't know how, those who know can't... Such is life.

Oook :( Seec77 .. u mean the way i type .. like use short forms and slangs ? Yeah i know i had been warned once by a mod , so thats gone a little less since then.
But i WILL take your advise, and correct myself :( Thanks

Regards
Dhanesh.

I'm glad. I thought my post might be a bit overreactive and slightly hurting, but I'm glad you took it OK. I don't have a problem with short forms and whatever, and sometimes all lower-case applications even look better to me (even though they are definately not grammatically correct), but I'm talking about how they make your site visually less appealing. I don't know. Something about the general look of the text. Maybe it's just me?