xisto Community
marretas

Gmail Exploit: Discovered By 14 Years Old Boy

Oh, don't worry about that. I believe that this has been fixed one day after it had been discovered. After all, that is Google :unsure:

M$ wants all the money it can get. Google could actually care less about money. Mr. Page and Mr. Brin started the company as a search engine. The ads were only to keep it running because there are bills to pay. That's how Google operates to this day.
[N]F

That's just plain naiveness of you! Of course Google cares about money. They are just smart enough to believe that more money will flow through satisfied users. What I mean is, that while MS is using vendor lock-ins and other dirty corporate trickery, Google are just creating good products.

I am at a constant fear that Google will go bankrupt in the future because of this belief of theirs. I mean, as much as they're trying to do good, MS is using said corporate *BLEEP* to lull users into buying more things from them, and the big G is already entering a monopolized world, and even though they successfuly penetrated it, it's going to be a tough time for them to maintain that position. Just look at the progressive genre of music - it's great, complex, endearing music, but it's losing out to corporate pop (which I have nothing against).

Of course Google care about money. And yes, I'm sure there are some high-ranking Googleplexers that are greedy for a higher pay-check - but they're just being smart about their customer service.

I have been pretty happy with my gmail account and i have never had a problem with scripts executing. I hope they fix this soon because i have alot of work stuff on that.

i dont know why this was revived about according to the post much much above that this flaw have been long patched..

meaning this no longer worked.. perhaps just a flow in there ajax that causes the system to execute the scripts/..

That's just plain naiveness of you! Of course Google cares about money. They are just smart enough to believe that more money will flow through satisfied users. What I mean is, that while MS is using vendor lock-ins and other dirty corporate trickery, Google are just creating good products.
I am at a constant fear that Google will go bankrupt in the future because of this belief of theirs. I mean, as much as they're trying to do good, MS is using said corporate *BLEEP* to lull users into buying more things from them, and the big G is already entering a monopolized world, and even though they successfuly penetrated it, it's going to be a tough time for them to maintain that position. Just look at the progressive genre of music - it's great, complex, endearing music, but it's losing out to corporate pop (which I have nothing against).

Of course Google care about money. And yes, I'm sure there are some high-ranking Googleplexers that are greedy for a higher pay-check - but they're just being smart about their customer service.

Very very true. Google has to care about money--every company has to care about money, or else it wouldn't be alive. Google's just different from Microsoft because they use less of the corporate lures and offer better services. :unsure: And yes, people do have tendencies to blame Microsoft, but most of those tendencies are based on good reasoning. If you offer good service, you get compliments. Now, Google Spreadsheets didn't get the greatest positive feedback, so we're not all defending Google. :D

I think that most of us cut Google a lot of slack because we, the users, don't pay them for the things that we use (e-mail, Web space, et cetera). Typically, at least for me, I can just say, "Well, it's free, so I can't complain" when something goes wrong.
Besides: Google fixed the coding problem very quickly, which leads me to believe that they're not trying to screw us over even if we *aren't* paying customers.

Well goggle provides good email service and I am even using google apps..
There are lots of bugs in lots of application and by the way google fixed the thing. I say that Google is surely the best there is.

Just shows how use 14 Y/O arnt as stupid as we look :PEverything has flaws. A application can go through reigerous testing and still have flaws when it is released. Sometimes it is a mixture of the osftware and the user. There is no way to make 100% certain that there are no flaws

I don't think google will ever lose much popularity, they constantly improve their problems and provide a wonderful search engine and many other services. They have problems no doubght but everything has problems somewhere no matter how large, small, serious, or just plain stupid they are.

Eeek, topic necromancy...

Anyway, I've always found it highly entertaining that most of the reported or publicised successful hacking attempts are by teenagers. Personally, I'm at a loss as to why people are so amazed by this sort of thing, as today's teenagers have grown up with all of this technology. Sure, they haven't got all of the experience behind them as older "hackers" do, but they have the same capability. Sometimes it's the younger generation that spot a simple flaw in security whereas those who know more ways to get in to a secure site probably overlook the simple methods for that reason alone. If a site/company is supposedly hard to hack in to, why bother with the simple methods? Surely they wouldn't work?

Regardless of that, teenage computer whizzes are forever popping up in the news. Google's not necessarily more secure than any other major site, and it always amuses me when people believe otherwise. :blink: