xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mizako

Transparency Property Of Gif In Ie

Hi,
I built a multi-tab menu. Each tab is a gif file with a transparency background. Each tab is over a background image. In Firefox, and Opera it works properly but in IE the tab's background it is not transparent and shows a blue background instead.
Should i have to build every image with no-tranparency backgrounds or is there any method to go around this problem.?
I put a link to the Web-page so you can see the problem i am speaking about. Link

Maybe it?s some kind of incompatibility with the <li> tag inside which you have those buttons. I don't know, but the background blue is the same as your site background color... so, try to get rid of that tag and see what happens. :)

You have to make sure your code works with all the different browsers. A lot of commands only work in IE and not in other browsers (and vice versa). It takes a lot of time to single out the bad coomand, but once you find the problem, it becomes quite simple to diagnose. But until then, it's pretty hard. Looking at your code, I can't find any apparent code discrepencies...weird. :)

I think I know what your problem is, but it's not as visible as it was when I had it.When you turn an image into a link, the image retains the standard blue 'hyperlink' border. In order to counter-act this when you use an image as a hyperlink, you must use css, or html header code to change the color of links to what you want it to be, if you use html, it will apply to the whole document, but if you use css, you can specify, with the <div type=...></div> tag, and css's division tags.Hope that was helpful,Typin Panda

I think I know what your problem is, but it's not as visible as it was when I had it.

When you turn an image into a link, the image retains the standard blue 'hyperlink'  border. In order to counter-act this when you use an image as a hyperlink, you must use css, or html header code to change the color of links to what you want it to be,  if you use html, it will apply to the whole document, but if you use css, you can specify, with the <div type=...></div> tag, and css's division tags.

62695[/snapback]

Thanks a lot thablkpanda,

It was exactly the problem you were telling me. I modify my CSS file, setting the background of my links in the multi-tab menu to none and now it looks good in IE, Firefox and Opera.

Here it is the code:

#nav-top li a {    background: none;}

Thanks for the help guys!

you can make a certain colour in a gif transparent by using a simple free programn called giffy... It can turn bitmap images into gifs... with only a little loss of color... just google it or something.It's probably NOT what you're looking for but I use it everyday.