xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Quatrux

Please Review: Some Of My Sites please Review and Comment

Well, as astahoast has a review forum, I thought to get some of my latest works reviewed, but the main thing to show it to others, well those are just little projects I did, because sometimes I really feel easy, they all use the same design, just different colours and stuff, you will see it your self. :o

http://me.quatrux.net/ - a Site about Me
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - a Site about my Dog ;)
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ - a Site about my Chinchilla :P

Well, sometimes I think that I am stupid, but oh well, let them be :o

Edited by miCRoSCoPiC^eaRthLinG (see edit history)

Short answer yes. I don't have time for the long one.They're a little samey. You're designs are great and the effects you show are basic but they work. I would suggest you check the problem with the rollover on the images, they move a couple of pixels upwards for some reason, that I can't be bothered investigating.I think that it would be better if you changed your table layout to divisions. They are easy to accomplish and can provide a better standard than tables (they also offer better cross-browser control).Anyway, back onto the design. I think you could do better in your header if you actually made a gradient off your back, instead of using the preset ones.I like the personal approach and that you aren't restrictive on your language. IF only the rest of the designers out there would use the words best to describe things.--mikP.S. I bet your dog and chinchilla are happy that they have a site :o

Thanks for your comments, yea I noticed the rollover problem too, the third time I made the logo, I managed to make it work normally, but I think this is because I have cut the images badly. I am used to use tables, but I learned divisions too, but still can't get used to use them, but I think with time I will lose the interest in tables. This is mainly due to that Amiga OS browsers don't have css support, so I believe that is why I can't change, but this problem can be easily fixed by getting the user agent, but I didn't feel like it.As I am not really a designer and only am playing around with gimp, but your idea is simple and great, to create a custom gradient myself, well I really wanted to make it as simple as possible and I think i did it. :PYea, I think they should be happy that I gave them so much of my time :o I myself feel better, kind of laughing or smiling.